Go Bottom

AC WD45 Gas Running issues

View my Photos
jtdday
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-10-05          193823

Im working on a WD45 gas and it will start right up and run fine at an idol and you can run up the throttle and it will run ok for about 8 minutes then dies now you can pull the choke all the way out and it will run but not well. I had the carb re-built, clean fuel, new fuel filter. Im at a loss...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-10-06          193835

It sounds like it is running out of fuel. Could it be the fuel flow is slow enough it can not supply the engine at high RPM. Could be partial restriction in the fuel line. Have you tried opening up the fuel line to see how strong the flow of gas is?

Should have asked this first, when it cuts off how long does it have to sit to do the same thing again? ....

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-10-09          193851

Neighbor has a WD that acted that way. We finally found a piece of brass shim stock floating around in the fuel tank. It would work its way to the fuel outlet and plug the hole going to the filter. Empty your tank and look inside. ....

View my Photos
jtdday
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-10-10          193854

Thanks fella's, I always can appreciate a second opinion. You know thought the same thing but I could hit the starter and it would fire right back up (not giving carb time to fill back up)and run for another 6-8 minutes - so for kicks I pulled out the inline filter between the carb and the shutoff valve and turned the gas back on to check the line flow as suggested, and I got a full line flow__hummm. I'm going to stay after it, but Ill be close by If anyone thinks of something else. Preciate ya... ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-10-11          193855

Well if 100% sure not fuel then it leaves air or electrical.
Pull air filter and be sure nothing in there such as pest nest. From where the air enters to the filter. Check the electrical from the coil to the distributor and the spark-plug wires.

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-10-13          193863

I have thought on your issue and have reread each of your post and still think it could be fuel issue. If electrical then the choke being pulled should have no effect. If air restriction it might. Look at the inline filter very carefully. You took it out to check the flow. It is possible there is trash in the carb or bad float even with rebuild.

How does it run before it cuts off? And it will crank right back up. One other thought, spark plugs. My in laws had a Ford 601 that could be very finicky at times and an old school mechanic work with the carb a good bit and found issue to be the plugs. Best I remember he said when an engine floods it can kill the plugs. I think the issue on that tractor was the carb would act up and not sure how or why but the plugs were affected. I would pull and check them to see if they show any problems. kt ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login