Go Bottom

Who else out there is using and Articulated Tractor

View my Photos
pequeajim
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-04-05          14496

I was wondering who else is using an articulated tractor like a Vantrac or Steiner.What are you using it for, and how do you like it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Jim Hutchins

2000-04-05          14501

We use our steiner like a bulldozer. I have impressed more people with my steiner then you can imagine. They don't understand how a little tractor has so much power and can do so many things. Where did you buy your ventrac? ....

View my Photos
pequeajim

2000-04-05          14502

Yes, I agree. I was suporised how much dirt I could push with the Ventrac. I have the 26.5hp diesel engine, and it has some torque!

I got mine from Lawn Care in Martindale, PA, (central pa).

View my Photos
Alan L. Lewis

2000-04-08          14608

What is an articulated tractor? ....

View my Photos
Jack in IL

2000-04-08          14609

An articulated tractor steers by a hinge centrally located between the front and rear axles. The front and rear wheels are the same diameter and both axles pull. This is the concept also used on full-sized four wheel drive tractors that usually range from 250 to well over 400 hp. It is a useful concept for turf tractors because the mower deck is placed out front. In addition to providing better mowing visibility it allows for a much lower center of gravity of the tractor. Thus articulated 4WD turf tractors can operate safely on much steeper slopes than typical compact tractors. The most common articulated 4WD turf tractors are manufactured by Steiner (www.steinerturf.com) and Venture Products (www.venturepro.com). ....

View my Photos
pequeajim

2000-07-19          18088

An articulated tractor is a unit that has a hinge point in the middle of the frame so that when turning, the tractor actuallys bends like a hinge on a door to tighten the turning radius. This is somewhat of the same effect as a four wheel steer tractor, but it creates a smaller turning radius by turning the front and rear tires. The tires on an articulated tractor do not turn like a regular tracotr. When I first drove one, I thought it would tear up my grass, but not so. ....

View my Photos
Stan R.

2001-09-04          31555

About steiner ventrac.I sold steiner for six years along with Troy Bilt and other products.My health went south.Had to get out of busniss.Five years later wife found house she wanted with some land.I had hard of ventrac.Research it.Bough 23hp with KAW. 60" deck.Now theres nothing like ventrac.I love it.It is so user frenily.Wanting trencher so thinking about selling 22hp with deck.Getting 31hp. for trencher.I also have areator slip soupe 60" blade.This unit looks like new.Has 180hrs on it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login