Go Bottom

kubota are junk

View my Photos
not happy with kubot
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-10-31          44499

I recently bought a new BX-2200. When I returned home I was using the loader and I noticed it was falling off the frame of the tractor. After inspecting the loader I noticed it was missing all the cotter pins,it was also missing some of the parts that hold the bushings on the loader. I contacted the dealer and he promised me the parts.A month later and several conversations with the dealer and kubotas main office,I still have no parts. Also the seat fell off.
.Nuts and bolts are always falling off it. Today i found a spring under it. Also the lights do not work anymore and the fuses were checked. Kubota will not honor the warranty. Everyone says Kubota is so great,sure until you have a problem. Beware,think twice before you buy one.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Mrwurm

2002-10-31          44502

I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble with your Kubota. I hopd it's repaired soon. It really sounds like a dealer problem to me. The dealer is responsible for thoroughly checking your machine for loose fastners and missing parts before delivery. Also, the dealer is the one that installed your loader (in most cases). They are the ones that forgot your cotter pins and bushings. I would try to find out who the regional rep is for Kubota in your area. I'll guess that they've had trouble with this dealer before. Good luck, I hope it works out for you. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-10-31          44504

Two points come to mind here, first, Not Happy, I beg to differ with your opinion of the equipment, but as the owner/operator of a small fleet of Kubotas I can tell you that your experience is definitely NOT normal. As was mentioned by others, a DEALER is responsible for every one of your complaints, not the manufacturer.

Please note that I said "A" dealer, not "your" dealer. This was not a slip of the keyboard. An increasingly common practice (unfortunately) is for dealers to (dare I say it) 'scam' other dealers. Here's how the 'fast one' works. Any manufacturer will insist that every dealer order a minimum level of inventory, however, in most cases they don't pay for it until it's sold and delivered, until that point it still belongs to the manufacturer. The manufacturer doesn't much care who buys it or from which dealer, so if you walk into a dealer and say I want a machine (in this case a Kubota BX) and they don't have one, they merely phone around (or check a computer-based central inventory) to find you one. The dealer with the unit in stock now MUST ('cause the manufacturer who actually owns the machine says so) let the other dealer sell it. Now the problem, the stocking dealer has had to receive, handle, store, and care for, a tractor he won't make a single dollar on, or gain a service customer from. The solution? Simple, the stocking dealer tells the selling dealer he has already assembled and PDI'd the unit, and he demands payment for same, which the selling dealer must, and does pay. Meanwhile the guy who normally sweeps the shop floor and empties the waste baskets, throws (literally most times) the unit together before the selling dealer shows up to claim it.

Now, here comes the real 'hook', not only did the stocking dealer make money which they did not deserve, but the customer (you in this case apparently) gets no value, only aggravation, for their money. Now the sweetener, you the angry customer, go down the road to the next nearest dealer, who appologizes profusely on behalf of the manufacturer, leans in close to you and whispers that he's heard this story before and for the sake of the Company's image he will make good to you, 'out of the kindness of his heart', and fix your machine up just perfect.

The end result? You the annoyed customer will never set foot in the (probably) honest dealership, but instead, will think the guy that actually screwed you in the first place is your best buddy and will (probably) not learn what actually happened for many dollars (err, umm, I mean years) to come.

My point, do a little investigating, you will probably find that a) I am probably at least real close to right, b) even in a forum such as this you will not find (thankfully) many with a feeling towards Kubota as yours, and c) that the tractor, present problems excluded, will give you many years of trouble-free puttering.

Don't believe me, ask around. If your dealer has any brains at all, he will give you a LONG list of satisfied customers.

Best of luck, and keep us informed, thats what this board is for. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-10-31          44505

Mruf, you are right and that does happen. Now it's to bad that you have had the tractor as long as you have and the repairs to the tractor that need to be done have not. Many of the pieces that you are refering to are assembled at the dealership not at the factory! ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
DK35vince

2002-10-31          44506

The selling dealer should be responsible to check over the machine .
Regardless of where the machine came from !! ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Art White

2002-11-01          44527

Who from Kubota said they would not warrantee the tractor? ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
dcsmith

2002-11-01          44536

Wow man, do you like have a black cloud following you around? I have had 2 Kubotas with no problem. I once owned a Mitsubishi that had these kind of problems. I mean the seat did not fall off or anything, are you just pulling everyones chain? Did it occur to you to maybe check other parts of the tractor the dealer obviuosly mis-installed. Your kidding right? Is your last name Deere? Do you work at Agco? NH? ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Not happy with KUBOT

2002-11-04          44583

Look I am not making any of this stuff up, the seat fell off the machine.I did find out the light switch is bad on it. As far as who told me they would not warrantee? kubota headquarters. A Mr Chris told me 2 weeks ago it would all be taken care of. As far as the dealer goes, a jeff spencer from MB Tractor and equipment told me,"sometimes you get sloppy workmanship from american workers". This happens when they are built in U.S.A. The dealer blames KUBOTA and KUBOTA blames the Dealer.I even sent a letter to the president of KUBOTA and I have not received any reply. Also the dealer never filled out the dealer assembly check list.I have the orginal.Again beware of KUBOTA they are only good until you have a problem. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Art White

2002-11-04          44584

The place for you to start is the dealer. This tractor was not assembled right by his workers for what you have stated for problems other than the lite switch. It is not a Company problem other than they sell there units to a dealer that might not be living up to Kubota standards. The dealer is the one to straighten your problems on your tractor. I know that it is a hard time for you as a perchaser of a new product to have these problems when you come to the board here and here of the good things about these tractors and you have more problems with your tractor than the rest of the people put together. Be paitent as you did buy a good tractor it just wasn't put together right. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Not Happy With kubot

2002-11-04          44599

I think at this point KUBOTA should step in and somehow make the dealer responsible for the problems I am having. When I did talk to the main office they informed me the dealer sold 700 units in 2002 and they were surprised they were giving me a problem. They made it a point to tell me how good they were at selling. So I honestly believe that KUBOTA is not going to make any waves with this dealer.Its all about money. So I am probably going to hire a lawyer.I will keep you informed. I just wish they would help me fix these problems. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
buck

2002-11-04          44600

You're getting shafted by the dealer and/or his mechanics...that simple. Kubota makes a great product. Fortunately, I picked a great dealer and have been back to him only once, for routine service (the 50 hour one he gave free labor). Hope you get everything worked out. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-11-04          44603

MURF,
You got it exactly right, from the begining.

As a Green Dealer, I hate to transfer in equipment from a store I have little knowledge of. We are fortunate to have a Dealers we have had excellent luck in transfers.

Be that as it may, we still double up on the pre- delivery. I alert customers to this up front, it costs a little more if they can't or won't wait on us to order from the factory.

I will also ad, in the past, unfortunately, we have had some customers call Deere's 1-800-IAM-MADD#. Deere had us on the phone in less than 24 hrs. In each instance, I might ad, the customers complaint was unfounded. (trust me, this happens more than you think). But in each case, I made a personal visit to the customer ASAP.

I will not bash Kubota's equipment. But I have heard alot of problems that have more to do with management, such as parts availability, factory service assistance, and a small list of other issues related to poor service after the sale. I have a dealer near by I have known my entire life and have maintained a somewhat close friendship, he is constantly fighting these issues. Personaly he is a honest man, and his ethics are beyond reproach, but when his customers upgrade, I get a substantial portion of his bussness. I believe Kubota's price advantage reflects the low cost management stratigies people are expeirienceing.

I believe that tells the tale.

To NOT HAPPY:

Keep on the blower to Kubota, you deserve satisfaction. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Art White

2002-11-05          44626

Much of Mr. Ethics claims of what he has heard in the past was right on. We have noted a lot of changes that has brought the company up to a far higher notch over the past couple of years. They have added in all areas of parts distribution with major differences in shipping of parts in a timely manor. They have added the best reps that the company has had since we became involved with them in 86'. The Kubota company has been making a lot of effort to bring service and support to the levels of the quality of the tractors and equipment it builds. I trust that if you have made as much commotion in the dealership that your tractor needs attention, that a dealer that sells 700 units a year will be straighting it out. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
jeff r

2002-11-07          44732

I don't believe for a minute this situation happened. LMAO. This guy is getting his jollies by flaming Kubota. The next thing he will tell you is the tires fell off because the lug bolts were missing, gas tank had a dime size hole and the spark plugs in the diesel carboned up??? DON'T YOU GUYS GET IT.....THIS GUY IS PULLING YOUR LEG LIKE AN OL CUR DOG barking. You guys ever called a store phone number and asked if they had Prince Albert in a Can??? ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Chief

2002-11-07          44734

Took the words right out of my mouth Jeff!!!!! Good Call!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!! Didn't want to be a trouble maker and call B.S. on this guy. Kubota's have their short comings as do most things in this world but they are not junk. But I am still partial to green paint. :-) ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2002-11-07          44735

Jeff and Chief I think you may be on to something!!!

DennisCTB
TractorPoint.com ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
creato

2002-11-15          45027

MURF THE EQUIPMENT SITS ON DEALERS LOT AND BELONGS TO THE COMPANY TILL IT IS SOLD OR DELIVERED. WOW WHERE DID YOU HERE THAT ONE. I HAD BETTER RUN OUT AND GET A KABOTA CONTRACT BECAUSE THEY WILL GIVE ME EQUIPMENT THAT I DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR TILL IT IS SOLD LMAO. BACK TO THE SUBJECT I CARRY A NEW HOLLAND AND CASE CONTRACT'S IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU I HAVE A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING THE COMPANY NOT RESPONDING TO THE DEALER. THE LAST THING I WANT IS THE COMPANY CALLING ME WITH THIS KIND OF COMPLAINT COULD IT BE THE SERVICE DEPT. IS SLIPPING HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE GENERAL MANAGER AT THE DEALERSHIP HAVE YOU OFFERED TO TAKE THE UNIT TO THE DEALERSHIP. ....

kubota are junk

View my Photos
Murf

2002-11-18          45097

Creato, I guess there are more differences between us 'frozen northerners' and America than you thought.

I did not mean to say that they pay NOTHING for a machine till it sells, they pay interest on the amount of their inventory under a 'floor plan' line of credit. The end result is still, it is NOT their machine until it is firmly sold, and if the manufacturer says transfer it they have to.

Many dealers will in fact write sales orders to 'customers' (friends, relatives, etc.) then hope to flip the machines rather than loose sales to other dealers on the most popular models.

As for this case, the facts remain, this poor guy got shafted by an unscrupulous dealer, something I'm sure you would never do for an extra buck......

Go Top

Share This

Member Login