Go Bottom

steiner or kubota

View my Photos
mc1815
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-27          81282

I've got a Steiner dealer about 2 miles down the road who's trying to convince me one of his machines will serve me better than a Kubota. He's offering me an old 20 HP model with a new engine for about $6,000.
I've got 32 hilly and forested acres. Mostly, I'll need to move rocks and downed trees and push some earth - we also get a lot of snow. I'm new to tractors and don't want to lose any more sleep. Any advice - Steiner or Kubota?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

steiner or kubota

View my Photos
melensdad
Posts: 90 Northwest Indiana, near Lowell and 8 miles from Beecher, Illinois
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-27          81299

I don't know what model Kubota you are comaring, but if you have steep hills then only 2 tractors are worth considering. Steiner & Ventrac. I own a Kubota B2910, I keep it off my steep hills. I'm buying a new Ventrac to deal with my hills. ....

steiner or kubota

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-27          81305

I would think the price is right. Is the engine diesel? The other option would be power trac for a US build machine. There are a number of European orchard tractors that are good in the steeps but expensive. One that has a large sales network is McCormick. ....

Link:   Power Trac

Go Top

Share This

Member Login