Go Bottom

Total SCAM

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-03          125523

A engineer I work with told me about a deal his wife got for him. I was looking (last year) to buy a new ATV. He got one from one of three dealers in my state advertising a free ATV. The key was that you had to make ALL the payment on time even the last one and also pay full price for the rig. After three years of payments they would give you your money back. I stayed away from this! I live by the motto of "if its too good to be true, it probably is". Well, he just told me this week he was scammed! No free ATV, infact no money for anything is coming back his way. Watch yourselves out there folks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Total SCAM

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-03          125526

It is a nice touch, get people to pay MRSP and interest on a purchase they would not necessarily make. Naturally they don't find out for three years, which is likely beyond the states bunko legislation statute. ....

Total SCAM

View my Photos
chipuren
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-07          127354

There was a dealer in Missour selling tractor this way a year or two ago. The way it works is trough a third party company who calculates the odds that someone will either be a day late with a payment, or not request the refund on the exact day specified, no good the day before or after as I understand it... As has been said, too good to be true is usually either not too good or not too true... ....

Total SCAM

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-07          127365

All I can say is, they should have knew better.

My brother bought an extended warranty on a new Ford truck one time. The deal was if he never used the warranty, he would get a full refund (warranty cost). He never used it and they paid him back. ....

Total SCAM

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-04-08          127407

Billy did you ask him for the Lotto numbers that day too? LOL ....

Total SCAM

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-04-11          127562

Isn't it amazing what some supposedly intelligent people will fall for on the chance they'll get something for free?

Look at those get rich seminars. The money isn't in the advice but in charging for the seminar. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login