Go Bottom

ATV Loading Ramps

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-12          126001

Now that I have some ATV's, I was looking for a cheap set of ATV loading ramps. Anyone got any lines on good set of cheap ATV loading ramps. So far the best I have found was a set of 84" mid folding ramps from Harbor Freight that cost $59.99. I ideally like to get a set of bi-folding 48" wide and 84" or longer ramps but so far the best prices I have seen on these are $150 and up.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

ATV Loading Ramps

View my Photos
RollTideRam
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-12          126010

Sometimes they have a good looking set at Sams club, but I can't remember a price. I have noticed them in Cabela's and Bass Pro shop books. Most items for ATV's are way overpriced though.
I once had a set of aluminum ramps that were made from diamond plate. They worked great except when wet. Ended up giving them away at a yard sale. JC ....

ATV Loading Ramps

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-13          126019

Randy... the length of ramp you need is predicated upon the height of your pick-up bed. If you have a 4wd you will likely need the 7 footers.

For trailer loading most anything will do.

ATV Loading Ramps

View my Photos
Chief

2006-03-13          126020

Mark, after doing an extensive price and type search; I "threw the dice" and ordered the center folding 84 inch aluminum ramps from Harbor Freight. Anything else I looked at was over twice the cost. These ramps are rated for 1,000 lbs. so I think they can handle my Honda Foreman and me. You are right about the length. I have a Dodge Ram 2500 4 x 4 which has a significantly higher tailgate height and the 7 footers are steeper than I would like but for 60 bucks, I am willing to give them a try. ....

ATV Loading Ramps

View my Photos
Murf

2006-03-13          126021

Randy, one other thing you need to think about with this matter is your tailgate.

When the ATV (& you) get up near the top of the ramp the entire amount of that weight is on your tailgate. I have seen lots of them sprung from this.

A tailgate isn't very good structurally speaking.

You might want to think of some form of leg directly under the top of the ramps to take the load instead.

Best of luck. ....

ATV Loading Ramps

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-03-13          126022

Is this the item you ordered???? It's kind of deceptive.
Hope you get more than one ramp for $60.....

High-strength extruded aluminum construction
500 lb. single ramp capacity
Non-marring pad protects vehicle's finish
86'' long for a gradual incline
Folds compactly to 49''L x 13-1/2''W x 4''H for easy storage
Lightweight--under 19 lbs.

********Includes single ramp. Buy two for loading/unloading four-wheel equipment.*******

ITEM 92201-2VGA

$59.99 ....

ATV Loading Ramps

View my Photos
Blueman

2006-03-13          126030

Randy,
I bought these ramsp last year for my Foreman and my 250# rear end. They work well on Dodge Ram 4x4, and fold up to fit under the quad in the bed of the p/u. I've had no problems with my tailgate so far.

http://www.atvexpress.com/details7_trifold.html

I actually bought them on Ebay from this seller, and found a current auction that you will save a little $$.

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top

Share This

Member Login