Go Bottom

alternative to atv

View my Photos
curley
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-04          127164

I'm interested in japanese "kei" class trucks. They are brought into the U.S. in containers, grey market.

There are several brands to choose from.
They are almost the same size as my rhino, but with a six foot bed due to cab forward design. Most have 3 cyl engines, 4x4 with low range. They have doors, windows, heaters, wipers and some have AC.

Even more interesting is that the cost about half of what my rhino cost.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

alternative to atv

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-04          127215

Here's another alternative: Two years ago I bought a big Case ride-on chain-type trencher with a backhoe (Model DH5). It wasn't running when I bought it and I figured (ok, hoped) that IF the trencher and backhoe didn't work I could remove them and make a big, 4x4, articulating ATV out of it. The "truck" portion of it has 31x15 Ag tires, stands 6' wide and about 8' long---"naked" weighs probably 4000lb. Sadly, when I got it home it ran like a champ and was "forced" into service. (But it's for sale now and maybe someone can make my dream a reality!). Another cool idea is the trencher with the digging chain boom removed could be turned into a hydraulic winch to be used as a log skidder or to pull yourself out. And since it's steered and controlled by a single joystick you could turn the seat around and drive it "backward" with the engine and winch behind you. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login