Go Bottom

Bobcat RTV s

View my Photos
kleinchris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-25          144025

Anybody have any experience with Toolcats?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bobcat RTV s

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-26          144048

Yes, we've had at least one since they first came out, what do you want to know?

Bobcat RTV s

View my Photos
kleinchris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-26          144056

I have had some gators over the years, and though overall I am happy, they seem kind of flimsy (at least the newer models.) Any idea how a Toolcat would compare? Were you happy with the Toolcat? What did you pay? Would you buy another one? ....

Bobcat RTV s

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-27          144080

Well, first of all let me start by saying that comparing a Toolcat to a Gator (or similar) is sort of like trying to compare a Mack dump truck and a 1/2 ton pickup truck.

You pay for that difference too.

I am very pleased with the Toolcat, we now are running our 3rd one, I sold the first one to a buddy of mine who runs a nursery and nursery farm, it is still in daily operation.

I would point out though, that a Toolcat is a bit of a compromise at EVERYTHING it does, but the saving grace is, everything IS what it does. It is a personell and material carrier, it is a light loader, it is a tool carrier, it is turf-friendy, super simple to use on top of rugged and dependable. If I sound like an infommercial it's only because I think it's a good product, and for CERTAIN applications, it's darned handy, probably unbeatable.

The only big drawback is the price. It is about the same price as a comparable sized CUT, strictly from memory, I think the last one was about $35,000.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login