Go Bottom

150 cc Scooters

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-25          153240

Heads up to any scooter owners amoung us. First question, is there such a thing as a US built scooter? A fellow in our town has started selling mostly 150 cc. and a few 250's. they are a Chineese bramd that I can't remember the name of. His prices range from 9-1800 dollars. He was busy with other customers while I looked them over so i'll go back another day. All the scooters I looked at were 150's, what will an 1800 dollar one have that a 900 dollar one doesen't? The county doesa allow Gators onthe road here but their top speed is about 28-30, how fast will a 150 go and how fast is a safe speed on a cement or blacktop road? Any comments pro or con will be appreciated. Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

150 cc Scooters

View my Photos
jimbrown

2008-04-25          153247

The problem with scooters is the wheel size (diameter) the small wheels are deflected more by rocks, potholes, ect. Than motorcycles that have larger wheels. The difference between a cheap one and a more expensive is probably things like cables, lights and other similar items. A 150 cc will probably run 65 to 70 wide open. ....

150 cc Scooters

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-25          153248

Hardwood, dropped by Tractor Supply today during lunch and they had two different scooters in there. Surprised me. Have no idea on the details, price or any thing. kt ....

150 cc Scooters

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-04-26          153268

No more scooter advice needed. The Mrs. got wind of my idea, you know the reat. Frank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login