Go Bottom

Belarus 250 loss of power then won t start

View my Photos
lobird
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-09-13          197967

Changed paper fuel filters and cleaned injectors to address lose of power. Then the tractor would start and run until engaging PTO. Within a minute it looses power and dies.
Tried to purge air from lines. Is there a trick or sequence of steps to get it all out? LB

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-09-13          197969

If it's running then air isn't an issue, starting is the problem with air, once it's running it will blow all the air through in short order.

It sounds more like you have a partial blockage or bad chunk of rubber hose. When fuel hose goes bad it collapses and will often let just enough fuel through to let the engine idle or a little above that, big power takes a lot more fuel and a blockage will starve it out.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
cowrider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-09-14          197981

I would replace any rubber line that you have on the fuel system. With the newer diesel the rubber lines are swelling, I have had problems in several tractors with this.
Did you also clean out the primary filter and wash the screen?
The system is self bleeding but can suck air into itself too. I had a problem with the primary filter drawing in air after I had cleaned it once. Since it draws the fuel from the top of the tank in later models it is easier to draw in air if not tight.
After I replace filters I prime the system with the line feeding the injection pump loose till fuel comes out. Close this and continue pumping the primer, when the air is out you can hear fuel returning to the tank.

If it had run until air got to the injector lines then you will need to bleed them as well. Prime the system, loosen the lines at the injectors. Crank the engine over, with the De-compressor lever pulled out. Close the lines when fuel sprays out. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login