Go Bottom

NO BMW

View my Photos
1hillbilly
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-01-29          150884

I have never or do I care to own a BMW. I thought I would share a story however. I worked with a young man whom got a BMW in his mid 20's because he wanted to impress his dates. He only kept the car 2 years, I asked how it went with the ladies and the car. He replied that he should have gotten a pickup, his buddy met more ladies that wanted to go 4 wheelin than he met that wanted to ride in a BMW.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NO BMW

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-29          150887

I've owned several over the last 20 years or so, I just got rid of my last one (a big 750iL sedan) about a year ago.

I certainly count them as being amongst the finest most dependable cars I've ever owned and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, in fact I'm considering buying out the residual on the 540i that one of my employees is driving now as a runaround for my good lady.

Mind you, I was buying them because they were fine cars, not to pick up women with.

Best of luck. ....

NO BMW

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-29          150888

And BMW does not make pickups... ....

NO BMW

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-29          150890

No, but outside of North America a 'pickup' as we know does not really even exist since it is not the best design, or very practical compared to the alternatives. Especially in Europe and remote areas.

Although the smaller Japanese versions of our style of truck is catching on, they still have a long way to go catch up with the competition.

Best of luck. ....

NO BMW

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-29          150901

Being politically correct now, it's called "demographics". When I was an engineer I got razzed for having what was called a "redneck limo"--a lifted, four-door, diesel, 4x4 pickup with a winch. The guys used to tell me all I needed was a gun rack and confederate flag, and a few teeth missin', oh, an's some beer cans in the bed. And you should have seen the look of disgust from collegues when I'd come to work with inch-thick mud all over the truck. YE-HA! But I think secretly they wished it were them that had all the fun--instead of tooling around in their BMWs (ironically I worked at their Georgia plant; we made their convertible tops for the Z3's). And Murf, if you saw the things that I had to un-do from an engineering and build point of view, you might just change your mind on being "the finest". Trust me. There's nothing like being around angry Germans that hate Americans in a car plant. ....

NO BMW

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-29          150903

I've been through the Spartanburg, South Carolina, plant.

It's also EXACTLY why I wouldn't buy an X or Z Bimmer-mobile.

Best of luck.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login