Go Bottom

PTO shaft repairs

View my Photos
karlpe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-27          118525

I own a Woods model MD-184 rotary cutter and I have a PTO shaft that is worn severely in the Square drive female end. The square shaft has very little wear. This Weld-on adaptor is 1 ½” square and I am having problems finding this size. I can easily find 1 Ό” and smaller but no luck with 1 ½”. If I can find this adaptor then my repair cost would be much lower than down sizing to the smaller shaft where I would have nearly the expense of a new PTO shaft. Another problem with the woods mower is that the slip clutch ( OEM part) that has a #35 u joint half yoke welded to it , so that further complicates the problem. I don’t understand why woods would use such a large shaft on a 7’ brushog and why in the world would they make a slip clutch without a spline drive. It has really been a good mower and this is really the only problem that I have had with it. Do you have any suggestions of where I might locate this weld –on 1 ½’’ square drive adaptor?
Thanks Karl

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

PTO shaft repairs

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-27          118526

Karl, I really think there are lots of places closer, but the link below is to the people we use up here.

They are really good, honest, knowledgeable people, I've never had a problem with them in 20 years.

No affiliation at all, just a happy customer.

Best of luck.

Link:   Bauman Manufacturing Limited.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login