Go Bottom

Kubota L2850 PTO pops out when brush hogging

View my Photos
pweason
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-07          144408

I have a kubota l2850 used for mowing,well engaged pto while tractor was in gear and moving. Now I have to put a strap on pto shifter to hold it in gear,does anyone know of any adjustments that can be made

Long story short I engaged pto while tractor was moving, now I have to hold pressure on shifter so it will work,are there any adjustments i can make without a complete tear down?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
pweason

2007-08-07          144409

i hope everyone can read my crazy post i really messed it up ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-07          144410

PWeason, first off, no worries about the post, we fix more than tractors around here. ;)

Secondly. it sounds like the PTO is not completely shifting into gear. I've seen this happen on units that are not used for some time, or that are not used often.

Usually it can be helped a lot by merely spending a few minutes shifting it into and out of gear, this seems to free up the linkage some and allow it to move a little further.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-07          144412

Is it possible you have bent the linkage preventing the full travel of it? I have a B2710 that has required adjustment of linkage so it could get full travel. Have also had a stick get into linkage preventing full shift. Guess I am saying get someone on the seat to shift and someone under the tractor to watch as it is being shifted. With tractor off of course. Or use that brother in law who is pain under the running tractor. :) kt

In rereading your question, you need to use the clutch for shifting the PTO on your tractor I think. The impression I got was you do or did not. Not sure on your model if you use the clutch or not but there are others here who will know. ....

View my Photos
pweason

2007-08-07          144414

thanks guys,i will try all of the above ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login