Go Bottom

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
boblew5555
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-06          155110

I recently purchased a Topro (bushog type) mower at Atwoods. When I tried to connect it to my Ferguson TO-30 tractor I discovered that the drive shaft on the mower has an 4.0 metric connection. This, of course will not fit to the S. A. E. overriding clutch on my tractor power take off. Does anyone know where I might get an adapter that will make this connection. I think Topro is made in China or Italy. The people at Atwood's were no help at all. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-06          155114

Google this:

PTO + adaptors ....

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
boblew5555

2008-07-06          155121

Thanks! Thanks very much. ....

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-07          155128

Be sure your total PTO shaft assembly is not too long or too short for your set up. When you add an adapater you add length. You can do a good bit of damage if it is too long as you raise and lower the cutter. kt ....

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-07-07          155133

Boblew5555,

I'm a bit worried that your mower may not be designed for use with a 540 rpm PTO output. Foreign-made implements are often designed for use with PTO speeds not found on most U.S. tractors.

Please check the manual of the mower to see if your mower can be operated with a 540 rpm output shaft.

Better yet, return the mower to the dealer and then find yourself a different mower.

Joel ....

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-07-07          155136

I would agree with Joel for more than he is saying. Parts down the road. If they could not help you on the pto connection, do they have blades? I have been told many if not most flail mowers are imported from Italy. Have no idea if accurate or not. Know that many of the boom flail mowers I have seen were. Those all looked to be very good cutters, materials and workmanship. Was very pleased with one I ran for a couple of years other than parts. It took months to get a set of cutters for it. kt ....

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
boblew5555

2008-07-09          155185

Thanks, Joel. I think I'll take your advice and find another mower. I'm not getting any help from Atwood's so I'll return the mower and start over. Thanks for replying. Bob ....

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
boblew5555

2008-07-09          155186

Thanks for your help. I'll probably take Joel's advice and just take the mower back. Start over with an American made one (If any are still made in America). Thanks for responding. boblew ....

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
boblew5555

2008-07-09          155187

Thanks for your help and all the others who responded. I think I'll take the mower back and try to find one that was made in the good ole' USA! Thanks again. Boblew5555 ....

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-07-09          155188

Boblew5555,

If you can find a local dealer who handles the Land Pride line of equipment, you'll not only find yourself a top quality mower, but also one that's manufactured in the USA.

Land Pride is one of the top name brands in compact tractor implements. (The stuff ain't cheap, however.) It would be difficult to beat their products.

See the link below.

Best of luck to you, Sir.

Joel ....

Link:   Land Pride Tractor Implements

Topro Mowers

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-07-09          155189

Boblew5555,

I forgot to mention that since you live in Kansas, you'll enjoy knowing that all Land Pride implements are manufactured by people who live in your own State. Land Pride has four different assembly plants in Kansas.

See the link below.

Joel ....

Link:   Land Pride Production Facilities -- Kansas, USA

Go Top

Share This

Member Login