Go Bottom

Rear 3 pt Mowers

View my Photos
ronald65
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-18          165767

I just thought i'd throw this out. I bought a Woods 6ft rear mower model BB720 Heavy duty. I didn't like the way it cut but thought maybe I'd just gotten too heavy duty a mower. I used it several times but the cut was rough an sagebrush was beaten to death not chopped up. the last time i was cleaning it and checked the blades to see if they were dull.and only the back edge was discolored the cutting edge was like brand new.Well you must have guessed by now.they were blades for Clockwise rotation and my mower turns CCW.Blade part number was one digit off what should have been on it. My kubota dealer was as suprised as me. mowers come from factory with blades mounted.Don't be afraid to question if something doesn't perform like you think it should.(don't wait 3 yrs like I Did) Ron

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rear 3 pt Mowers

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-19          165769

But think of all the sharpening work you save! ....

Rear 3 pt Mowers

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-09-19          165778

I was with my Father when he bought our first "Power" mower, a Cooper "Cyclomow" push type rotary mower. The salesman's pitch was that you never needed to sharpen the blade. Frank. ....

Rear 3 pt Mowers

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-19          165787

Ronald in a sense that is right funny. Just think how happy you will make the brush that you now have to cut. You sure should have a smoother machine now. Glad it was so simple. Did they give you the correct blades or did you have to buy them?

Hardwood, we have just enough sand here that you don't have to sharpen especially the cheaper blades. You just replace them as they are will wear very thin. ....

Rear 3 pt Mowers

View my Photos
ronald65

2009-09-23          165879

Yes; Dealer gave me new correct blades at no charge. excelent dealer. ....

Rear 3 pt Mowers

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-09-23          165880

Ronald;
That is a sign of not a good dealer, but a great dealer, we need to support their type with our business.
This is one of the reasons I've always preached that a good dealership is just as if not more important than the brand you choose. Frank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login