Go Bottom

how big do i need

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-12-19          22600

I plan to mow 5 acres of field with a 72" belly mower. I have been looking at NH TC33 and Kubota B2910. One that steers sharp will help me. Is one belly mower better than another? The rows of my trees are 12 ft. apart and am mowing with a 60" deck now. I will just be mowing and snow blade. Thanks for any imput!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

how big do i need

View my Photos
Bird Senter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-12-19          22603

treeman, they're both nice tractors and either one steers sharply enough to suit me. I don't know how sharp you need to turn, but assume you've looked at a New Holland with Super Steer. That's an option I would have no use for but may be what you need. Either of the tractors should handle the mowing work easily. ....

how big do i need

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-12-19          22622

I have drove a NH TC33 with super steer and that would steer plenty sharp enough for what I'm going to use it for. I have not drove a Kobota B2910 so I don't know how sharp they steer. I drove a NH TC29 without super steer and it wasn't that bad compared to super steer. I saw a posting here from a guy that said the Kobota mowers were a lot better than the NH mowers. When I went to look at the TC33, the dealer had a rear-discharge 72" belly-mower that I could buy with the tractor. The problem was, however, the gear box was taken off because someone else damaged theirs. So I was reluctant to make a decision yet. I'm not sure what the advantage is for a rear-discharge mower. Do they lay the grass out nice and even behind the mower? If I use a side-discharge, I will always be blowing the already-cut grass back and forth. My tree rows are 12' apart. ....

how big do i need

View my Photos
Bird Senter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-12-19          22628

treeman, I have a Kubota B2710 (same chassis as the B2910; just about 3 fewer horses, no tilt steering wheel, and no cruise control lever on the right) and I've never used a belly mower. I use a 60" rear discharge Bush Hog finish mower and it's great for my use. It spreads the clippings better than a side discharge; less windrowing, but you can still get a little windrowing if it's tall grass. My cousin has a TC29D, but no finish mower for it. In other words, I don't know about the belly mowers. Of course, I've used both tractors and each has a few features I like better than the other, but I'm partial to my Kubota (and my cousin is probably partial to his New Holland). Super steer on the New Holland, and bi-speed turn on SOME Kubotas (not the 2710/2910) is something I wouldn't even want, but apparently is good for some people. ....

how big do i need

View my Photos
Art White

2000-12-19          22635

Take a look under the covers on the top of the deck before buying the mower. You will find a big difference in the belts that are used as well as the pulleys. Commercial mowers in our area prefer the cast pulleys due to better heat disapation. The size of the belt just means longer life under less than perfect conditions. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login