Go Bottom

flail mower for tc21

View my Photos
Jim W
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-07-18          30219

Has anyone out there used a flail mower on a compact tractor? I do a lot of side jobs and people tend to let the grass get pretty oujt of hand before they want it mowed. I am using a 4 foot land pride rotary mower but find it gets bogged down with really tall grass. I thought a flail might do better since it puts the cut stuff out the back. I see new holland makes a 50" flail for my tractor. I was wondering if there are any other brands out there.Thanks Jim W

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

flail mower for tc21

View my Photos
KenB

2001-07-20          30259

Lots of other brands. Rhino's RF60 looks like it's sized for your TC21 (see http://www.servis-rhino.com/html/rf74.html). If you're concerned about horsepower, Alamo (http://www.alamo-industrial.com/) makes a self-powered flail unit. ....

flail mower for tc21

View my Photos
Brian

2001-07-21          30284

Jim, this spring I purchased a LandPride 2072 flail for my compact tractor and have found it more than willing to eat through grass ranging from four foot to four inches tall. The only complaint I have with the flail is unless the grass is bone dry, it gets deposited in clumps thick enough to smother whatever is under them. I was told by my dealer that flails mulch the grass into very fine clippings and "windrowing" wouldn't be a problem. I do like the small size of the flail as it takes up far less room than its rotary counterpart....... ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login