Go Bottom

choice of compact tractor

View my Photos
homebre973
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-07          30740

I have never owned a tractor but have borrowed a John Deere to bush-hog my field for a number of years. I have about 4 acres of broom sedge, blackberry and gum trees (less than 1 yr.old) that I have been mowing once/year. The land is relatively flat red N.C. slay. I wanted to buy a compact tractor with a front-end loader and bush-hog so I wouldn't have to boorow a tractor and so I could mow more often and move mulch, top soil, etc. I am looking for suggestions on the size and type of compact tractor I need. I have been reading about Kioti, Kubota, and John Deere. I also am not much good at working with engines, so I want one as trouble free and as inexpensive to buy and maintain, as possible. Thanks for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-08-08          30770

I would suggest you look no larger than a B-2910 Kubota. That size tractor will handle a 5' brush hog as well as handle your loader work. ....

View my Photos
Todd Wilson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-08          30784

John Deere makes some nice new tractors. Kubota has some nice new tractors.
Kioti has new tractors for a real good price.
I have a John Deere 950 that would be a great tractor for what you are wanting to do. Find a 4wd model with loader and you would be have a good setup used for a lot less then a new tractor.

Todd

Go Top

Share This

Member Login