Go Bottom

How to remove blades on a Woods Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
Bill.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-09-29          32100

I just purchased a used Woods M40 Rotary Cutter and am having trouble removing the blades for sharpening. One of the blades has some chunks missing, and it looks like one of them was installed upside down...there is a lot of vibration in the unit.The blade holder has a 3/4" bolt holding it in place. I need to know if this is a standard RH bolt or a LH bolt. I tried removing it assuming it was a RH bolt, and it won't budge, not een with an impact wrench.Any other suggestions would be appreciated.ThanksBill.

Link:   Woods M40 Rotary Cutter

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-09-29          32101

They may come hard but they are normally all right handed threads. ....

View my Photos
Bill.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-09-29          32105

Thanks. I put a pull handle on my 1/2" ratchet and broke them loose, finally.

It was interesting that one blade was installed with the curve down, and the other blade was installed with the curve up. I don't think this is correct. I'm going to re-install them both with the curve down. This may be why the cutter vibrates pretty bad...not to mention that the blade with the curve down was badly worn and "chunked". I'm also going to check the U-joint alignment on the PTO shaft, as I read in another thread on this forum.

Bill. ....

Link:   M40 Rotary Cutter

Go Top

Share This

Member Login