Go Bottom

HI CO Rotary Cutter Parts and Blades

View my Photos
K. Lang
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-14          34556

I bought a HI CO 5' rotary cutter some time ago. I need to install new blades as the blades on the cutter are badly worn and bent to the point that they came in contact with the mower deck and chewed a hole in it (previous owner!). I removed the blade studs and blades yesterday which was a big job even with a large impact, penetrating oil and heat.

Does anyone have a HI CO cutter? If so, I'd like to find out more about this unit. All I know is the sticker says 'HI CO Laurel, MS'.

Where can I buy new blades and other parts? Are the blade studs supposed to be keyed with a woodruff or square key? The parts are so badly rusted I cannot tell but an old farmer told me they should be keyed into the hub.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-01-14          34557

K. Lang, HI CO stands for Howse Implement Co., Inc., P. O. Box 86, Highway 184 East, Laurel, Mississippi, 39441, telephone (601) 428-0841, FAX (601) 649-6759. And of course, they make several different models, but I have a model 500 (5' rotary cutter) which is their light duty one. ....

View my Photos
Rubintropfen

2002-01-14          34562

Howse Implement Company (HI-CO) has a website, too.

Link:   Hi-Co Web Site

View my Photos
K. Lang

2002-01-15          34594

I love this Tractor Board!! Thank you so much for the info. I have contacted Howse and they are sending me info. I was worried that I had bought a cutter made by some obscure, long-defunct implement company. I believe that Howse has a pretty good reputation though.
-KEN- ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login