Go Bottom

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
Markus Dammermann
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-31          36930

My local dealer recently quoted me $3,200 for a Landpride flail mower, model FM 2072. Has anybody purchased a similar mower recently, and if so, at what price?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
RON M

2002-04-01          36950

Dear Markus, I just ordered a BEFCO 60 inch Fail Mower at $2,010.00 (Connecticut). The Landpride was a little out of my price range. The BEFCO 72 inch was $2,260.00. What are your needs??? I was suprised at how well the BEFCO was built. I did not hesitate to order it. Good luck ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
JimTN

2002-04-01          36969

Ordered BEFCO H40-060 Flail Mower with my new Kubota tractor. Flail mower $1875.00 plus Tennessee tax. The Kubota dealer had not seen the BEFCO flail mower until installing mine. He could not believe that it does not weigh more than BEFCO indicates on their literature - because of the way it is built. I bought the "fine cut blades" for use on my lawn. I like my tall fescue lawn cut at about 3-1/2 inches and I am happy with the H40-060 results. We have had much rain since getting the BEFCO, so have just mowed twice. One of the reasons I like it is that there is no wind-row of cut grass left on the surface when cutting high grass.
Alamo bought Mott, the original (inventor, I think) flail mower, which I used in the 1950's. I am not sure if they offer the "fine cut" type blades like I bought. I doubt that you would notice the difference in the results of the two types of blades. When I priced the different mowers, Alamo, like Land Pride, was considerably more expensive.
Best of luck. ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2002-04-07          37152

Markus:
what did you decide re a flail mower? I am moving away from a rotary because i've knocked down most all the rough stuff (saplings, scrub brush, etc) and want a better cut while still having some "bite" to take care of coarse stuff.
I've liked the landpride hardware, and have eyed the JD-25A enviously. so any experience you've had would be appreciated.
jim ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
fieldmower

2002-04-10          37255

I purchased a New Holland 918H ( h is heavy duty, weights about 900 lbs, industrial grade, 91 inch cut price was $3400 from a NH dealer... hope that helps... ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
Dan G.

2002-06-22          39768

I too just bought a NH 918H 72" for $2865.00. 5% was knocked off as incentive since a tractor was also purchased. ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
TC29 in Wa.

2002-06-23          39784

I have been talking to the people at First Choice they are just starting to sell flail mowers. They appear to be good product, possibly a clone of a Caroni.I haven't gotten a firm price yet, but it appears that it wiil be between $15 and $1600 for a 72" one ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
fieldmower

2002-06-24          39790

Now my 918H weight about 900lbs, but its a 91 inch cut, a hand full for the tc40d, they recommend either leave the loader on or add weight to the front of the tractor, approx. 250-300lbs..
But if i could get a wider cut........ wider is better.
( pontiac ???)
fieldmower... ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
Dan G.

2002-06-24          39816

I was under the impression that the TC40 could only handle 100lb. of weight on the front. Anyone know any different?

First Choice looks to be an excellent product. We'll be setting up a dealership with them exclusivly very soon. If you are in 2-4 hours of S. Jersey, We'll make it worth the trip! ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2002-06-26          39860

I'm looking at flails, particularly the JD25A and the LP20-72. both are priced in the $3200 range. has anyone seen pricing lower?
Does First Choice have a web site?
jim ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
fieldmower

2002-06-26          39866

i found out that flail mowers usually bend or just plain get beat to sh**, so before you buy look at a New Holland 918 H ( H is for heavy duty, industrial use ) I figure instead of buying a cheap one that i will fix and repair, i paid another $1000, and got one that will hopefully last 20 years... ( the same type the highway dept uses to mow with, and they get 4-6 years under heavy use...) so wider is better and thicker metal is longer lasting... decide for you self AFTER you compare...
fieldmower ....

Flail Mower Pricing

View my Photos
BENT MAPLE RANCH

2002-06-28          39892

DAN G.
SINCE THIS IS YOUR LAST ACTIVE LOCATION AND I HAD A QUESTION FOR YOU, I PUT THIS NOTE IN FOR YOU HERE.

PLEASE READ/RESPOND TO MY 6-26-02 QUESTIONS POSTED UNDER

SUBJECT:tc40d quote
THANKS

Go Top

Share This

Member Login