Go Bottom

old large rotory mower

View my Photos
Rich
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-18          47750

I bought a large rotory mower for the Kub L3000dt. This unit is at least 6ft wide and almost too heavy for the tractor to lift. My question; the gearbox does not have a drain plug and as such, how do I replace the gear oil?

Thanks

Rich

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

old large rotory mower

View my Photos
DAVECAMIRE

2003-01-24          48087

Rich, go into your wifes drawer where she stores the turkey baster, this takes a little time but its cheap and easy to use, access the gear oil from the fill plug or remove the bolts for the gearbok itself, either way make sure the area is clean from any debris so as to not contaminate the new oil. ....

old large rotory mower

View my Photos
Jeff Earthwerks Unli

2003-01-26          48196

If you feel it too heavy too lift you may want to go to a smaller unit like a 5' or buy some weights for the front end or wheel weights. I know with my 2800lb NH TC33D with weights and a 5' brushhog----at moderate road speed---I can get the front wheels off the ground--which can be dangerous if I hit a hole and try to turn.

I'm not familar with your machine but you may be taxing the PTO drive system with all that swinging/rotating weight of the blades alone never mind hitting a tree stump or rock. I would consult your dealer about what is a good size of mower. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login