Go Bottom

what size mower

View my Photos
Brent goff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-15          49307

I have a Kubota B2400 with a 60 inch deck that I use for yard work. Would like to have a brush hog to mow off a field that we have, all level and small growth maybe 1 to 2 inches thick at most. Will the B2400 handle a 5 ft brush hog. Thanks for any info.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

what size mower

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-16          49333

I just looked at the Rhino site for specs because that's the first bookmark I found. They spec their 5' medium-duty cutter at 30 pto hp minimum, and it weighs almost 750 lbs.

Medium-duty cutters are usually rated for 2" diameter material and they do take quite a bit of power. People sometimes use light duty cutters for cutting bush that contains stuff heavier than 1" (the spec for most light-duty cutters). They do have to go slow, recognize the extra wear and tear on the cutter and tractor and be willing to replace a lot of shear pins if it doesn't have a slip clutch.

Some smaller cutter may be more in the tractor's HP range and also have optional off-sets that could be used to get the cutter outside the rear tires for close cutting. Another approach might be to get somebody with a bigger tractor to whack it once and get rid of the heavier growth. What grows back should be lighter and might be handled by a light-duty cutter if it's mowed regularly.

Since I don't know a 2200's specs, it might be good to check if meets minimum HP recommendations for any 5' light-duty cutter you're looking at.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login