Go Bottom

Gopher Mounds

View my Photos
lakeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-07          61135

I have 30 Acres of CRP that I have to mow wich is covered by gopher mounds. I have a 43 HP Kubota. I am using a 6 foot rotary cutter now but it is so rough it is so rough it takes forever and I am sure it is not to good for the cutter either. Is there something else out there that would work better?

Thanks

Lakeman

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gopher Mounds

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-07          61138

Around here the solution is to go over the field first with either discs set high enough they JUST clear the ground, or chain harrows.

Chain harrows usually take a few passes to do the job but will improve the pasture overall better than the discs which only take down the gopher mounds.

Cutting the pasture before doing either of the above is entirely up to the operator, the excess grass hinders the harrows, but makes it easier to cut afterwards. If you're not going to cut first go with the discs.

Best of luck. ....

Gopher Mounds

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-07          61142

Another more permanent fix would be for you or you pay a sharp shootin' young man with a 22-250 or 25-06 say $10 or so each for little critter he nails. ;-) ....

Gopher Mounds

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-07          61156

Pay 'em? Heck, when I was a kid I would have PAID for the opportunity to do that!

Go Top

Share This

Member Login