Go Bottom

Finish Mower Weight

View my Photos
joedello
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-08          65847

I just purchased CC 7254. I am looking for a 5' finish mower to cut three acres of flat lawn and an airstrip. Any recommendations as to a lightweight finish mower? Looked at some older used mowers and they appeared quite heavy. 7254 is a 25 hp gas burner. Need to use the three point to pick up the mower to clean after mowing wet in the spring. Woods Mowers look great, but I have zip experience with finish mowers. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Finish Mower Weight

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-08          65855

The 5' King Kutter I use behind my TC29 (29 hp, 2500 pounds) weighs about 600 pounds. KK lists their 4' mower as 510 pounds. Mine is a 3/16" thick metal deck, not sheet metal; I don't know if any of the competitive finish mowers are any lighter. It is a handfull for my TC.
Bill ....

Finish Mower Weight

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-09          65869

Joe, you're going about it the wrong way, find a big heavy old flail mower, the kind with a continous tail roller. It will take a lot less power to run it than a rotary mower, and you wont need to pick it up to clean it, if it even gets any buildup underneath, mine don't. The heavy machine, sitting on that tail roller will also take out a lot of the little humps in the grass.

Then it won't be so bumpy when I put my Super Rebel down on your strip....LOL.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login