Go Bottom

International MFR rotary cutter

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-02          78489

Have any of you looked at these (I guess you would compare to a KK or Howse). I am looking at a 6', slip clutch, no chain guards, 40HP gearbox for $775. A 75HP gearbox adds $150. I will be using a TC45D for mostly light duty, once I get through the rough stuff!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-04          78785

Just another follow up, I'm looking for any info on these, the company (Ashley Brooks) manufactures these near Cincinnati. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-04          78788

Are you talking about International Machines? I have an IM502 (5', slip clutch) I use for chopping up brush piles. I am very pleased with it. They are offered on the Tarheel Tractor link on this webpage. I am only doing private homeowner stuff.

View my Photos
Blueman

2004-03-04          78793

Yes, I did see where Tarheel even has them on Ebay. I've never seen anyone post their experiences with this brand, that's why I am curious...my local dealer is quoting a comparable price to King Kutter, but with a slip clutch. No problems or complaints? PS, ncrunch32, your spread looks beautiful! ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-04          78796

I know that bowhunt also asked about the IM in a previous thread. I don't know if and what he ever purchased. I bought mine from a couple of old farmers (Albrecht Bros) in Pleasant Valley NY. He didn't hand me any paperwork so I asked for it - and he disappears and comes out with an oil stained piece of paper. These old timers are famous in the area so I trusted them, but I looked for the manufacturer web site. I remembered coming across Ashley Brooks somewhere but could never find the website that describes this equipment. Do you know of one?

Thanks for the compliment on my place. I have a building inspector coming today to evaluate the fence around the poolyard so I am nervous. They can throw all sorts of surprises at you. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-04          78799

Blueman - its wbowhunt that asked about IM. No - no problems or complaints with the IM502. Seems like a good size for my JD4310 (27 PTO horse). I chopped up a brush pile of dead wood maybe 50 foot x 50 foot. Had to sort the wood out, cut bigger stuff for firewood with the chain saw, placed <= 1 1/2" stuff in rows and let the wife chop it up. Later I chopped up a second pile of brush.

I have nothing to compare to. I haven't use it to mow grass or chop green wood. I had to talk the wife into buying it - since I let her do the chopping she loves it and now thinks its our best attachment. It seems to be heavy built and handled the dead wood no problem.

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-04          78819

the company i work for should remind you that you get what you pay for i sell alot of woods a bush hog they both have excelent warrenties and are not that much more expensive. the king cutter is also a good brand we get alot of thoose in on trade. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-04          78821

oh yeah ps they both have economy modles to ranging many sizes but just make sure you look closely at the warenty. an make sure your slip clutch gets burnished and re set proporly ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2004-04-08          82464

Just a follow up, my local Bush Hog dealer delivered a 286 "Brush Hog" last night, I haven't used it much yet, but 2" locust saplings didn't stand a chance. Without a FEL on my TC45D (yet), it is a LOT of weight on the back, and transporting it up a hill proved to be scary. I have a couple weights on the front right now, and may have to consider filling my front tires until I get the loader. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-08          82520

i figured it would be a little heavy a fell dose not create a good ballast or not as good as front wieghts filling the front tires is a good idea. do you have a front wieght bracket or are you hanging then on the bumper? ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2004-04-09          82552

I have two weights, not sure how much they weigh, maybe 75# each?, hanging on the grill guard. I'm reluctant to fill my front tires as I use this for mowing, and afraid the weighted R4's will make more of a mess than they already do. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-09          82579

there is a wieght bracket availible that bolts to your front bumper and can hold up to five or six nh wieghts ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-09          82600

765 922
Have you gave it a thought of going down to the 5 foot, at 765# instead of 922 pounds it may help a bit?
Oneace
Do you think the fel will help solve his problem? I am still waiting to get my tractor (tc40) and I have a Woods mower coming with it. I bought the 5 foot for many reasons and one of them was I thought the 6 foot was pushing the power and weight limits? I realize it would handle the cutter just thought it would handle the 5 footer better? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-09          82602

remember he has a 286 which is quite a large and heavy mower, the 5 foot mower will barly cover you tire tracs the tc 40 can handel a 72 inch brush cuttler with little difficuly. yes a fel will help balast but wieghts are the bet choice. the 16la tends not to stay in the air which a cording to nh is aceptable at a rate of a couple inches per a cetaine amout of time. so you will be lifting the loader alot when mowing which can get annmoying. ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2004-04-12          82819

That was a good suggestion for the weight bar that attaches to the grill guard...I will call the NH dealer later. The dealer that I bought the Bush Hog from would like me to consider the Bush Hog loader...any thoughts from anyone (as opposed to the 16LA)? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-12          82866

as a nh dealer i say go with it it is a stonger loader than the 16la just get the nh conrol vavle bh valves are scetchy. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login