Go Bottom

Case 485 fuel priming procedures

View my Photos
Chad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-12          119263

Help. I need to prime the air out of my fuel system on my case 485. Can some one please tell me what the proper process is?

Thanks a ton.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Case 485 fuel priming procedures

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-14          119316

I am not familiar with the Case 485 but priming the fuel system on most diesels is pretty straight forward. Usually there is a shrader valve to purge the fuel upto the injection pump. If not slowly loosen the fuel line fitting until fuel comes out and retighten 1/3 wrench arc once the fitting starts to snug up. Next move up to the fuel lines where they are attached to the fuel injectors. Loosen each fuel line at the injector. Then crank the engine paying close attention to the fittings you just loosened at the injectors. (remember to keep engine cranking times to reasonable lengths to avoid over heating the starter) Fuel should start to spray out around the fittings. Once fuel is spraying from ALL of the fuel fittings, stop cranking the engine and tighten the fuel fittings as described above. The fuel system should now be primed and purged of air. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login