Go Bottom

case compact tractor

View my Photos
wanda talton
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-24          28542

Help! I need to know if a Case 1120 with power steering, hydraulic-powered FEL, 3pt, PTO, 2wd, with large rear turf tires at $6800 is a good deal. The guy selling says I don't need 4wd with the FEL because of the size and power of this tractor. I only want to use the FEL to do dirt work and will pull a 5 ft mower with it. I know absolutely nothing about compacts other than what I have read on this board. The tractor is very clean. He said it is a early-90's model. Is this true? This sounds like a great deal for my area (Texas) as I have priced other models and they are much more. Any information you can give would be helpful. Thanks,WCT

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

case compact tractor

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-05-24          28543

Wanda, I'm not familiar with the Case 1120, but if tractortips.com (link below) is right, then it was made in 1991, is 19 engine hp, 16.5 PTO hp, 16" wheels on the rear, and 12" on the front. And if all that is right, then I wouldn't want a 2WD with a FEL. But I guess if all you intend to move with the FEL is loose dirt, sand, and light materials, and you have enough ballast on the back, it can be done. Be wary. ....

case compact tractor

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-05-24          28544

Ooops, I forgot to include the link, in case you're not familiar with it. ....

Link:   

Click Here

case compact tractor

View my Photos
Alan L. Lewis

2001-05-24          28553

According to Bird's specs, if you're talking about a 5-foot brush hog it might be a little underpowered. That is a fairly small tractor, and I would have to have 4WD. I can't tell you the number of times I have to switch to 4WD even just mowing, and its hard to even get a full load out of a loose dirt pile with the FEL without spinning the tires some. 2WD in that light of a tractor could be an irritation if nothing else.

I couldn't imagine my 2710 without 4WD, but then I paid a lot more than $6800. The things I would consider is how the Case compact compares to the big Case tractor quality wise. They might not even make it, and parts might be a problem. (Someone on here will probably know) The other thing is that you might consider a small 10-year old Kubota with FEL and 4WD for that price. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login