Go Bottom

RC-30 Track Skid Steer

View my Photos
PAUl F
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-02-21          35785

Looking for anyone who owns or operates the new RC-30 loader from CAT.Need info on operation,maintanance and overall opinion of this unit. I currently own CAT equipment and am looking for a skid steer alternative

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

RC-30 Track Skid Steer

View my Photos
Lockman

2002-03-03          36023

We leased one for the winter to suppliment our bobcat for brooming sidewalks. It's primary use in summer would be hauling mulch and driiling holes on golf course quality lawn.The unit works pretty well we love the controls but lots of nagging little problems.The attatchments are toylike though .We had dealer come pick up our unit and told him not to return it until he could repair the broom to our satisfaction.We are having cat bring out there model 267 to try when they get one in. Same track technology bigger unit. ....

RC-30 Track Skid Steer

View my Photos
Jeff Earthwerks Unli

2003-02-22          49785

Is that Cat model the same one made by ASV? I have to wonder if the rubber tracks and such are really worth the extra money versus a regular skid steer with steel or magnesium tracks. I have an older New Holland L555 that I fabricated steel racks for made from 1/2"x 2" bar stock welded to transport chain similar to the ones seen in Equipment Trader and the like. I have about $300 invested. And they work great. ....

Link:   my bizness

RC-30 Track Skid Steer

View my Photos
JackHerr

2003-03-02          50377

Paul F,
I talked to a landscaper from MN the other day. He has four skid steer loaders. One is a Bobcat 864 (model 863 w/ rubber tracks), two ASV Posi-Tracks (an RC30 & RC50), and a wheeled JD 7775. He loves the rubber tracks. He said that customer complaints for turf damage have gone down 90% with these machines.
He is expecting to buy another RC50 soon. I guess that is about the best testimony to the rubber tracked machine.
My limited experience with the rubber-tracked machines (playing around during a test drive) led me to believe that the ASV has a smoother, more polished track system over the Bobcat.
I would agree with Lockman that the RC30 is small. If you don't need something that small, you would be better served to step up to the model RC50 or the brand-new model RC100.
ASV manufacturers the undercarriage for Cat. Cat owns a growing percentage of ASV and should own it outright some day.
Rubber tracks better over-the-tire tracks on delicate surfaces like: pavement, bricks, or turf. The rubber does not damage the surface nearly as fast. Also, rubber tracks have lower ground pressure for work in swampy areas. Other than that, over-the-tire tracks tend to be a more cost-effective means of getting work done. ....

RC-30 Track Skid Steer

View my Photos
CARSONFS

2003-12-17          71520

two local contractor's in my area just bought gehl CTL60's over the bob cat and cat machines.
they felt that the gehl had quicker hydraulics and better visionthan the cat, and the bob cat was rougher and not as easy to enter/exit ....

RC-30 Track Skid Steer

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-17          71522

A friend I work various jobs with recently purchased a Gehl 6635 and is very happy with it so far. Made a huge improvement clearing trees and cutting fire wood with the grapple bucket. 80 hp is plenty stout. Only issue he has had with it so far was a loose hyd. line that he tightened himself. I believe he paid about $21,000 for it. Below is a link to the thread discussing the initial purchase. ....

Link:   click here

Go Top

Share This

Member Login