Go Bottom

Tyshan TY254

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-21          100698

Hi: I am thinking about purchasing a Tyshan TY254-1 tractor from a dealer in Canada and would like all the information that I can before I make my decision. How easy is it to purchase parts and where can they be gotten from? Also are they any good or would I be better off buying a used North American built.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tyshan TY254

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-21          100700

I should think the dealer from whom you buy the tractor should/could/would be the logical parts source.

I've only heard of (maybe) one TyShan dealer in the states; Tennessee. Who or where, I haven't found out yet. Same parent company (KAMA), but not all models use the same engines as their KAMA/TaiShan cousins more commonly sold in the US. Sorta like the differences between a grey market Yanmar, and a Made-for-USA Yanmar.

Unless you live in Canada, or unless there's a helluva big price savings, you might want to take a peek at the TaiShan.

//greg//

Tyshan TY254

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-11-22          100704

Anytime you stray from major brands in most anything for the sake of saving on the purchase price you generally end up spending just as much as a popular brand would have cost. The scant dealer network of little known brands and even the stability of the manufacturer may haunt you trying to find service or parts, plus trade in or resale values of the litte known brands isn't very good. Frank. ....

Tyshan TY254

View my Photos

2004-11-22          100715

As added information this tractor TY254-1 has an engine made by the Chang Chai Company and engine model # is N390T It is a two cylinder of the older style approx 2002 vintage. Is this the same engine used in the Taishen and JM254 or is this manufactured to different specs?

Tyshan TY254

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-22          100728

Different engines altogether. Maybe some interchangeable externals, but I think you're going to be pretty much limited to what the Canadian seller can provide for spare parts. Like I said, a Tennessee TyShan dealer is still an unconfirmed rumor.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login