Go Bottom

After Market Loader Quality Problem

View my Photos
farming20acres
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-10          107747

About 3 months ago I purchased a loader from compact tracter connection. Has anyone else been sold one of these flimsy junk loaders? I had mine installed by thier so called "engineer" or thats at least what he said he was. The valve leaked so bad I couldnt bring it in my shop. The loader is flimsy and cant even dig. Wish I would have bought another leon.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-10          107764

Can't help but wonder if you bought the wrong tool for the job. Front end Loaders are generally intended for moving stuff that's already been "dug". You can scrape a few inches at a time with them, but dig?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
ksmmoto
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-10          107766

My Kubota L3430 with LA513 loader will and does dig very well. I can dig a hole deep enough to bury the tractor in about half hour. The dirt here in Michigan is fairly soft, except now in winter when it is frozen like steel, I can't touch that.

ksmmoto ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-03-11          107772

A properly set up and matched loader should be able to dig 3"-6" a swipe in reasonably workable soil. I have dug some pretty good sized holes with both FELs I've had, including the sub-compact. They cetainly are usefull for moving stuff around, but a loader that can't dig is not set up or matched properly to the tractor. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-03-11          107776

Substitute "scrape" for "dig", and I might concede that a loader can make a hole in forgiving ground. But that hole can never be smaller than the bucket width. There's a reason that loaders are not called "diggers", and I'm pretty sure you'll find manufacturer's warnings to that effect as well.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-03-11          107777

My owners manual includes instructions for properly digging with the FEL bucket. I assumed they have read the manual. Follwing what they reccommend, they do a great job. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-03-11          107778

My Kubota Loader manual for my la352 loader calls it "Peeling and Scraping". The end result is digging, I guess. Prior to the B7610 I have I rented a very large skid steer that had a bucket at least 10 times heavier duty than my la252.

I have to say that "your local ground conditions" will really determine what you can do with no toothbar on your bucket. I tried peeling and scraping in my hard rocky soil, and it was really hard on the machine.

I think that if you have the rocky soil like I have, buying a box scraper with scarifers will greatly ease the scraping and pealing operation and save damage to your loader. These comments are probably most relevent to lighter duty loaders like I have on the B7610.

View my Photos
Art White

2005-03-12          107874

Most times you get what you paid for. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-12          107887

I have to disagree. You can dig a heck of a hole with a loader. I dug my entire foundation here in CT rocky soil with an old international crawler loader. I use my BX2200 little machine to dig all kinds of holes. If you know what you are doing and have a machine that is built well you can dig with a loader. Not like a backhoe but they will dig. As mentioned above. You get what you pay for. There is a chinese tractor dealer here down the road and the loaders they have on some of these machines are more embarassing then the poor workmanship of the tractors. I'd be afraid to lift a scoop of pinebark mulch with some of them. 2 of the machines thay had there out of about 10 were on a cement pad. There were LARGE puddles of fluids from both the tractors and the loaders- BRAND NEW and leaking already. That alone would keep me away. Don't get me worng, they are a decent bang for the buck but don't expect much. They have others with the American loaders which look much more sturdy. The flimsy feel also comes from poor mounting on the Chinese machines without much support. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-03-13          107922

Yeah a crawler loader is designed to dig. A cut and loader can dig but are more tuned to move material. If you put a tooth bar on the bucket it will dig a little better. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-03-13          107930

So if you big boys are done measuring the length of your earthmoving equipment, how redirecting your energy towards farming20acres original issue; a Chinese FEL on a 18hp Japanese CUT doesn't seem to be up to his expectations. Still going by the original complaint of "can't even dig", I still say it's the wrong tool for the job.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-13          107934

Greg, I'd hate to be you. From all your posts that I see on occassion you really have a complex like everyone is picking on you because you have a chinese tractor. You need to lighten up bro- life is way to short to be so uptight. I think the reason for you being so defensive is because you bought a , as someone labled it before, a Yugo.

As the psot started, a guy was complaining in the chinese board that his aftermarket loader is cheap. Nobody is knocking the chinese stuff other than if you buy one don't expect to hang with the big boys unless you bring your tool box.

Buy a kubota and life gets much better. I beat the snot out of mine and they ask for more and only break when it's my fault not that of a 13 year old chinese kid in a sweat shop chained up to a press banging out parts out of substandard steel. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-03-13          107936

CT, I am not the one with the issue here - or with the complex either it seems. Defensive? I'm trying to find out if farming20acres may have simply bought the wrong loader for goodness sake.

He opened this thread addressing disappointment with a CTC loader for what would seem to be a YM1500. If you took the time to check my profile, you'd see that I'm a former Yanmar owner too. But you and some of the other posters decided to ignore his question and start comparing loader experiences COMPLETELY out of that tractor class and loader capability.

If you'd also have taken the time to look at the CTC website (http://www.compacttractorconnection.com/loader_frame.htm) you'd maybe have seen MADE IN USA. If you've got a problem with Chinese tractors, this is the wrong venue.

I don't believe "Buy a Kubota" is the answer he's looking for. Maybe you'd be so kind as to steer your loader back on topic here.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login