Go Bottom

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
bryn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-14          116366

hi there

I am just wondering what is the biggest horsepower that the chinese make. I am looking for something 250+ horsepower. I am a John Deere man but the cost is getting out of control. So maybe there is a chinese tractor out there with that sort of horsepower

Cheers Bryn

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-14          116378

Depending on what task you want it for, a lot of people are now converting a highway (truck) tractor for field use. The 'cab' is far more comfortable and quiet, and they are very common & relatively very cheap.

Best of luck. ....

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-14          116380

I would think you would be better off with some used Deere or Case equipment.

You can get parts and service for a long time. I don't know what area of the country you are from but there are lots of Farmer's newspapers/magazines that deal with used equipment.

Many of the dealers that have these trade-ins, know the original owners personally and can tell you which have had problems and those that service their stuff good. ....

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-14          116391

In that HP class, nothing will be inexpensive. Have you considered buying a used machine and making repairs/overhaul as required? Of perhaps doing this with your current machinery? I realize that overhaul and repairs will also be expensive but not nearly as costly as making payments on a new machine. ....

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
mikemehak

2006-01-20          123075

Foton has announced a 160hp tractor, but information is scarce.

However, 250+HP is a long way off. ....

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
Peters

2006-01-20          123077

Have you considered a Bulher Versatile? They might be cheaper than in blue paint. There maybe some cost advantage being from Canada.
Another option would be the McCormicks, although being from Europe the price maybe a premium.
I think it is a stretch for the Japanese, Korean or Chinese to build such large tractors. They really do not have any use in these countrys. What about Russian tractors?

Link:   Versatile

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-01-20          123083

Murf,

The type of tractor you are talking about in your post here, do you mean over the road semi's? I asked a JD industrial dealership and they had no idea.

Thanks,
kt

PS: spoke to a 66 year old Canadian this week and he said snow if fine for the younger people.

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
tiltbed

2006-01-31          123842

bryn,you just may be in luck....I read in their web site (either Futon or Branson) make the higher horse power 4x4 tractors for John Deere....Who sells them not to sure of...might be a green dealer if so then the price will be up there...Sid ....

biggest horsepower

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-01-31          123845

Last week open solication for Magizine. They showed tractors people had built from different machines. One is from a over the road semi. Guess this is what Murf was talking about earlier in this post.

Have no idea what they have on their web site but it is suppose to be.. www.farmshow.com.

I am not familiar with this company, other than receiving their mag. solication.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login