Go Bottom

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
jeffrey7281
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-14          129336

Anybody heard anything good or bad about Branson Tractors. I know only what they post on the website. Made in S. Korea. It appears from Kujke, they also do alot of work for John Deere.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-14          129337

I looked at Branson a few years ago and thought they appeared to be pretty well built. They didn't offer a hydro transmission at the time so I didn't buy one, but if they did I would have certainly considered it. ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-12          137869

Jeffrey, KW ~
I know this post has been out there awhile but...
Been seeking info on a Branson myself. I have heard that it was made in INDIA of all places(?). Is it really a product of Korea?

I have been shopping, found a dealer in Kentucky that claims deep cuts on pricing. I am presently pursueing a L3510i. His price is $14,800 for the tractor, another $3500 for the loader and still another $4700 for the backhoe.
Like I said - he claims deep discounts from any other dealer of Branson. I checked locally, and the same everything came in at $95 difference. Real deep discount!

Anybody know where might be the best place to consider purchasing one on the east coast? I was trying to get a package price deal, however, if I can just get the tractor and loader for a decent price, I would get the hoe afterward, as I do not need it right away, (still have all my 'botas and hoes)
Let me know your thoughts please - curious.
Thanks ~
Willie H. ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-12-12          137871

Sorry, can't help with anything on the east coast. Here the NH dealer carries Branson. ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-12-12          137873

kw -
No kidding...a NH dealer carries Branson. That is certainly interesting. Out here, either they are on their own, or they are coupled with another non-big-three-name brand or two, such as Mahindra, Kioti, etc.
Thanks for the input
~ Willie H ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-12-12          137888

Pretty sure Bransons are Korean, But where you buy the tractor relates directly to how you plan to get it fixed. If you are a good mechanic with a fair amount of tools and a reasonable place to work, price is more important than dealer location. If you don't plan on doing much of your own tractor maintenance, buy local

//greg// ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
kevanos

2007-01-19          138919

Branson is built in South Korea, and also have been sold as Century and Zetor C-series. They are built by Kukje, which has tie-ups with John Deere, and previously with Yanmar, (which itself has tie-ups with John Deere). ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
SouOre

2007-04-08          141146

I'm not surprised about India although I know the Branson is made in Korea.
A few years ago I was looking for a new tractor and wanted to know where they were made. At the time, the Maassey's were made in India.
The engine in my New Holland 3010S was designed by Fiat made by Iveco, I don't know who made the rest of it but it was assembled in Mexico.
My TC33 had a Jap engine but now I think the Boommer engines are made in Korea or China.

I am in the market looking for another tractor. I looked at a Branson a few months ago, the dealer had been open for a year, they have no shop? I asked them what they did about service and they told me they had a amechanice who traveled, came to you when there was a problem.
The prices for the Branson's were about the same as New Holland models. I think I will stick with the blue paint, the dealer with aa shop & four mechanics is only 12 miles from me. ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-04-08          141159

I know this is an old topic, but as long as it's been dredged up again - why is it still on the Chinese tractor board? I'm thinkin' http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractor/forum.pl?category=OTH&catname=Other%20Tractor%20Brands

//greg// ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
thartsell

2009-12-27          167732

I have a Branson 3510... Mechanically It's a well built tractor. I've used it on a steep mountain road and to build my house here in the Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia.

I fluid filled the tires and it's quite stable and some pretty sharp mountain angles. Lifts about 1000 lbs in the bucket. and I have a 3 point hitch log splitter for the PTO
as well as york rake, fork lift, snow blade, box loader.

I've been told it's the John Deere of Asia and has been very reliable. ....

Branson Tractors

View my Photos
SouOre

2009-12-27          167739

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouOre | view 141146
I'm not surprised about India although I know the Branson is made in Korea.A few years ago I was looking for a new tractor and wanted to know where they were made. At the time, the Maassey's were made in India.The engine in my New Holland 3010S was designed by Fiat made by Iveco, I don't know who made the rest of it but it was assembled in Mexico.My TC33 had a Jap engine but now I think the Boommer engines are made in Korea or China.I am in the market looking for another tractor. I looked at a Branson a few months ago, the dealer had been open for a year, they have no shop? I asked them what they did about service and they told me they had a amechanice who traveled, came to you when there was a problem.The prices for the Branson's were about the same as New Holland models. I think I will stick with the blue paint, the dealer with aa shop & four mechanics is only 12 miles from me.

Since I posted this nearly two years ago, the Branson dealer went out of business. I did buy a new, New Holland TC-30, (no longer in production) for $12,000 with zero financing for 60 months. One thing I like about it is the hood cowling is made of sheet iron not plastic. It did not have a folding ROPs, I had to cut it off so I could get it into my shop. I added a heavy duty "Tooth Bar" to the bucket, I use my loader to turn large compost piles and the teeth make it so much eaiser, also good for ripping into hard sun baked dirt piles etc. The dealer, do to the recession is down to one mechanic but still in business but I have had no need for them as I do all my own service and have not had any mechanical problems. The heaviest work loads I put on it is with a 5' brush hog, that runs about 1.5 gallons of low sulfer diesel, per hour. I am very happy with this tractor. It is my third new, New Holland in the ppast 11 years. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login