Go Bottom

Knocking sound from Lenar engine

View my Photos
batman99
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-05          131719

I've been noticing a knocking sound from my Lenar engine. I've had the tractor about 2 years and it has about 46 hours on it. I first noticed the knocking sound last year when I was going up a hill -- it seemed pretty bad. I slowed it down and dropped into another gear, put the tractor away and the next time I used it -- no problem. I haven't had a problem for awhile. But when I was using it the other day and sped up, I heard the sound again. I can hear it even when it idle's now. The best way I can describe it -- is that it sounds a little bit like a bad rod in a car.

Does anyone have ideas on what it may be and what I can do about it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-05          131722

Change the injectors from one cylinder to the other and see if it still knocks on the same one. Sometimes a bad injector will give the sound of a bad rod in some engines. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-05          131723

I've got one of those chattering injectors on my Mercedes, but it quiets down once the engine warms up - it's just a cold engine issue.

Not to say your problem isn't injector related, but what color exhaust do you get when it knocks pulling uphill?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-07-08          131889

Batman: When's the last time you checked the air filter? Could be starving for air and that's making combustion difficult esp. under a load. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login