Go Bottom

Foton Tractor engines

View my Photos
zonta223
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-21          165814

From reading this and other forums it seems that the 25 and 30hp 3 cylinder diesel engine in the Foton Tractors is the same as the one used in the Jenma tractor....The 50hp+ 4 cylinder Foton engines are a "perkins" copy...... can anyone tell me what the 45 hp 4 cylinder engines are?? any feedback on reliabilty??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Foton Tractor engines

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-21          165817

They're made by another Chinese company that brands those engines "National." Likely as reliable as the others. By the way, the name is "Jinma."

The guys at the Chinese Tractor Owners Assn could probably help you further. ....

Foton Tractor engines

View my Photos
zonta223

2009-09-21          165832

Thanks for the info.....yep my typical typing getting an E and I mixed up.....thats what happens when you try and double your typing speed.....went from 5 to 10 words a week :-) ....

Foton Tractor engines

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-22          165844

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonta223 | view 165814
can anyone tell me what the 45 hp 4 cylinder engines are?? any feedback on reliabilty??
I've never seen a 45hp Foton in the USA. In my travels, I've only seen 25hp, 40hp, 70hp and 82hp models. I know there are a few other models imported - a 50hp model from NorTrac, a 60hp and couple of 100+hp models from a dealer in Iowa - I just haven't actually set eyes on those. But no 45hp models at all that I know of. And I'm pretty sure the 40hp is a three cylinder. So I don't expect you'll get any (accurate) info on a 45hp/4cyl model from American sources.

But Google did find for me, that there's a FT454 sold in South Africa that uses the Quanchai QC495 engine. Foton is also marketed as EuroLeopard, so asking about EuroLeopard engines might yield results too.

//greg// ....

Foton Tractor engines

View my Photos
walterqu

2009-11-04          166733

please understand, foton are come from China and most of the parts and engine is the same as other brand, the different is that foton is much expensive. in fact their perkins is not real one, and now perkins do not allow them to use perkins brand now. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login