Go Bottom

Lenar blowing out black smoke help

View my Photos
fivej250
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-06-01          178747

I have a Lenar tractor and it's expelling black smoke out of the stack. It runs..I just can't figure out the smoke. If anyone has any answers or suggestions...please reply..all help is appreciated!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-01          178748

Depends. It's common for a diesel to blow a little black on startup (just unburned fuel).

If it persists and is heavy, (a) if the tractor's well used, could be obstruction in air in or out, or a need for valve adjustment, or a symptom of certain engine parts failing. (b) if still new, well, with some Chinese diesels you better learn the consumer protection laws of your jurisdiction. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-01          178750

Black smoke indicates the engine is not burning all the fuel the governor is sending it. First test, remove the air filter. If the black smoke goes away, buy a new air filter. If it doesn't, you likely need to adjust injection pump timing. That's a bit more complicated - but let's not cross that bridge just yet.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login