Go Bottom

Taishan - Nalahay 304 4WD

View my Photos
flyboy845
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-12-10          185663

Afternoon All,

I have recently come into possession of this OLD chinese tractor. So far I have had it broke in two to replace all the clutch components and have had the radiator out as well.

It is a 2100 series diesel and the other day stopped running as though it had run out of fuel. It was very low but not out.

I have removed the tank and had it cleaned, removed all fuel lines and blown them out as well as all the screens enroute. I replaced the fuel filter in the canister as well.

I am now at the pump itself and discovered a dip stick.
The level is so low it does not register on the stick.

First question is what is recommended lubricant ?
Second is, could I have ceased it up from low level?
If not, once I refill to correct level how do I purge the air and assuming the injectors are not fouled, once running what if any fuel additive should be installed to clear whatever residues remain from the suspected bad fuel ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-12-10          185667

1. I used compressor oil in my Chinese injector pumps. It's pretty much 30 weight, but is more heat resistant (heat from compression). But there's nothing wrong with using regular engine oil either. Assuming you use 15W40 or a diesel rated 30W in your engine, it's just fine in the IP as well
2. Yes, it could be seized. Over time the pump oil gets diluted by diesel fuel. DF is a form of oil, but doesn't have sufficient lubricating properties for the pump. Again, think heat.
3. Top up the pump lube, then bleed the fuel system. The process has been outlined here enough times that you shouldn't have trouble finding an old post. You might also want to consider removing the fuel injectors for cleaning.
4. Given that your engine wasn't designed for ULSD, you should use a fuel additive. The one I use is Power Service; white bottle in the winter, silver bottle the rest of the year.

I'm about 100 miles NW of Nashville. If push comes to shove, trailer the thing and bring it up here on a nice day. Lots of mechanics are scared to touch Chinese tractors, simply because they're Chinese. In the end, they're not that much different to work on than any basic 50s or 60s vintage American tractor.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
flyboy845

2012-12-10          185670

Thank you for the support GREG. If I don't get her started again I will take you up on the offer to come to you with it.

I am a 100 miles east of Nashville on I-40 ....

View my Photos
kingwayne77

2013-05-29          187106

QUESTION

I have a chance to buy a Nalahay 304 with a cracked block out of a scrap yard But the only proably I see is the price of 18 cents a pound $1500.00 for this tractor
I wanted to know is this a good buy or walk away my number is 615-680-6270 call or text me

wayne ....

View my Photos
richwaugh

2013-05-29          187109

Hoo, boy! Someone saw you coming, I'd say. There's no way that tractor weighs 8300 pounds! Try more like half that. If you could get it for 700 bucks and get a new block for say 400, you might barely be okay on the deal. But you'd still have several hundred more to spend in rings, seals, gaskets, etc. I'd definitely pass on that one! ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-08-30          195711

If you have to ask for advice on whether it is good deal, you already know it us not a good deal for you. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login