Go Bottom

Foton 404 electical issue

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-12-11          188438

I bought a used 2006 FOTON 404 with a spirit sl-20 loader. The instrument panel doesn't work and the lights and turn signals don't work. I checked the fuses and they're ok. I checked all the connectors. The tractor starts and runs fine. Any ideas. Larry.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-12-12          188446

There's a pig tail connector at the back of the instrument cluster that connects to the wiring harness. It's not unusual for them to get dirty enough to break the electrical connections. Or perhaps it's come apart completely. Either way, remove the cluster from the cowl, and check the connectors. You'll likely find at least two, sometimes three.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2013-12-12          188449

Thanks Greg. I checked the connectors and they were all connected. I pulled them apart and reconnected. This didn't make a difference. Some looked a little dirty, but I thought taking them apart and back together might re-establish connection. Larry. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2013-12-12          188450

Thanks Greg. What should I use to clean them? Larry ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2013-12-13          188452

Aerosol electrical contact cleaner, compressed air, eye protection. Click link below for an example

//greg// ....

Link:   Contact Cleaner

View my Photos
yocsr1

2013-12-13          188454

Greg; I bought the cleaner you showed me and pulled all connectors and used the cleaner. It's all working!!! Thank You!!! Larry. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login