Go Bottom

DF-Bulldog advice

View my Photos
Pix
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-10          90519

I'm currently looking for a tractor to get firewood with & tend to 50 acres. Cost is a factor as with everyone, we currently have only a DF-Bulldog dealer close bye & they are by far the cheapest. I'm looking at a 25hp 4x4 with loader & backhoe for $14500, would anyone have advice for me if this will get me through the woods, pull stumps & dig enough dirt for a small pond & other stuff? Is there anything else for a better price/quality? Thanks folks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

DF-Bulldog advice

View my Photos
RonNYS

2004-07-12          90719

I tried to get info on this site and other web Tractor sites about DF-Bulldog but got limited and lukewarm advice about this tractor, I have a distributor located in Vestal NY that I have visited Twice,1st time they were closed( Sat. morning), 2nd time no one was there who could answer my questions, I tried to call a couple of times but got the same answer( they were suppose to call back with info but it never happened).From internet research and the two visits I made looking at the the tractors they had in their yard it appears this distributor is putting the BULLDOG name on the Dong Feng(DF) Tractor and the Kama Tractor, both are chinese tractors. I was not impressed by the service this distributor gave(just looking for information),what kind of service would I get if I needed repairs or parts???? nothing
personnal but before I spend money I need to know about this tractor and it would be nice to learn this from the people who want to sell me this tractor.
I think the tractor you are looking at is too small for your needs, I only have 31 acres,but heavy forrest with heavey rock terrain, I should be looking for a bulldozer
but because I have horses the uses for a small tractor is greater. I probably will hire a dozer to do the heavy work.

DF-Bulldog advice

View my Photos
Pix

2004-07-14          90917

Hey thanks for your time, I've been to that guys too, left him emails & such & wasn't too awful impressed with the feedback I was getting from Robert. I think I'll keep looking myself, find someone with better service who's been around a while. ....

DF-Bulldog advice

View my Photos
tim

2004-08-30          94955

I wanted to let you know that there is a very helpfull Bulldog dealer not far from Vestal, NY. Spencer Auto in Spencer NY. Marty is the owner and has been accessable and helpfull to me. He went as far as to take the tractor, a brush hog, and me to his own property to try it out. I have not gotten this level of service from any of the "big name" tractor dealers. He is also backing it with a one year parts and labor and three year parts warranty. It is definately not a Kubota in finish, but the tractor worked hard and was a fraction of the price. I also tried an Agco 25hp and a Kioti 20hp. The Agco cost $2000 more and was more difficult to use than the chinese bulldog. The Kioti was a great tractor, but I'm not sure its worth the extra $3,000. If you are still interested in the Bulldog, check out Spencer Auto. I think you will find his prices are even less than what you have seen at the Vestal dealer. ....

DF-Bulldog advice

View my Photos
tim

2004-08-30          94956

I wanted to let you know that there is a very helpfull Bulldog dealer not far from Vestal, NY. Spencer Auto in Spencer NY. Marty is the owner and has been accessable and helpfull to me. He went as far as to take the tractor, a brush hog, and me to his own property to try it out. I have not gotten this level of service from any of the "big name" tractor dealers. He is also backing it with a one year parts and labor and three year parts warranty. It is definately not a Kubota in finish, but the tractor worked hard and was a fraction of the price. I also tried an Agco 25hp and a Kioti 20hp. The Agco cost $2000 more and was more difficult to use than the chinese bulldog. The Kioti was a great tractor, but I'm not sure its worth the extra $3,000. If you are still interested in the Bulldog, check out Spencer Auto. I think you will find his prices are even less than what you have seen at the Vestal dealer. ....

DF-Bulldog advice

View my Photos
RonNYS

2004-09-01          95216

Did you buy the Bulldog ? 35hp or 25 hp ? what did you pay ? I was looking to buy the 35hp
Ron ....

DF-Bulldog advice

View my Photos
rick

2004-09-01          95301

try rural king 40hp 4wd 7995. in indy ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login