Go Bottom

gOOD PRICE FOR A CUB CADET 7260

View my Photos
cthonestguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-28          108955

I am looking at a Cub Cadet 7260 for sale locally with 400 hours. It has a backhoe, loader, pallet forks, grader blade, unfortunaltly turf tires and comes with a trailer. It's the gear drive. I don't know much about these and am a little uneasy with the MTD name now associated with cub cadet. Is this a good machine? Any idea what a fair price for this one decked out like this? I don't need the trailer so figure that out of the price. It is a one owner machine. I know the old IH cubs were as good as they get but MTD products in and of themselves aren't the highest quality at home depot. I'm hoping that it's just the name and the cubs are still a good machine. How does this compare to a Kubota or Deere? Any help is appreciated...Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-29          108980

I have a Cadet model 7275 which is 27 HP compared to 26 and the 5 indicates it is a hydro. My tractor has about a 2 inch longer wheelbase and larger turf tires. Mine is a 1995 model. I've really enjoyed my tractor over the years and it has about 700+ hours. My size tractor falls between the Deere and CNH where I have a heavier FEL lift and height capacity and 3pt. lift capacity than the Deere and CNH for a comparable tractor size. There have been discussions that this tractor design does not have a sub-frame and may not be a good application with a backhoe for heavy or commercial use. Likewise I've heard of some people having trouble with the loader mounting to the tractor. For myself, it has been a really good tractor. The operator area is a little small for a big person and you may bump your right knee on the loader joystick at times.

This tractor design is from Mitsubishi. Since then, Cadet uses some other makes like Kioti. Recently, Mitsubishi sold this design and it is now being offered by Mahindra in some of the models.

I'm thinking about getting a new tractor and will be selling it locally for about $11,000.00. Mine has a 72" MMM, 60" loader, hydro, turfs,72" landpride rear blade, rear hydraulics and a vinyl 3 sided windbreaker cab ( a poor mans cab for pushing snow). The 7260 should be worth slightly less since it is gear drive and smaller size but the BH option is worth more than my MMM and it has less hours. So by looking at all of the pluses and minuses, I would think the 7260 would be worth about $10,000.00-$12,000.00 depending upon condition. I'm assuming it is about a 97-99 model.

The trailer depending upon size, ruggedness of construction, etc. may be worth somewhere between $1,500.00 and $2,500.00. It is hard to give a value to all this stuff without actually seeing it and knowing what things sell for in your area. I have an 18" triple axle flatbed with an 11,000 lb. hauling capacity that I bought new for about $3,500.00.

Hope this gives you some help! ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-29          108981

Jim, that tractor has been a good unit with little down time since introduction. With having three brands to sell it gives us a little more perspective then the average dealer with only one brand to sell. The Cadet line is a very full line that covers all sizes and prices today which they didn't do years ago. The lower priced units are still lower priced and not built to the same standards as the more expensive units. We often hear that Dad's Cadet lasted twenty or thirty years and they want one just like he has but they only have 2000 to spend! Sorry but the prices are not the same and neither are the tractors! The biggest part of enjoyable tractor ownership is what it does for you! You need to be comfortable while operating the tractor. Reliabilty is important and the Kubota's do stand out in this industry and that is one of there strong points and I put the rest on equal ground. It does sound like it's a good deal if it fit's you. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-29          108984

Great info guys. I appreciate it. I have to go try to work a price. He started at 16000 which I thought was way out of line but recently came down to around 13000 and I know there is still room. The owner is moving south to a condo from a 7 acre horse farm. I know he is getting ready to cut it loose cheap soon. I am hoping to get it for the 10-11K range unless someone beats me to it.

It looks like a nice machine but you don't see to many of them around here in CT. ....

View my Photos
DaveM

2005-03-31          109187

Like yooperpete I have an older model, 1996 I believe, 7234. I thought this and the 7260 had identical frames but I may be mistaken. Great tractor. You might want to research this and other sites for any problems with the Cub line. This is really a Mitsubishi tractor with the Cub Cadet paint and mtd logo. Parts all come from Mit. and you can also get them from Mahindra now but they actually come from Mitsubishi. You could probably buy the thing as a package deal and sell off the trailer if it was decent. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-31          109194

Guys, thanks for the info. I'm going back up this weekend to see where the price is. I think what he is asking is a little high but I know the ball is in my court because he's moving and not a real good advertiser. I think if I hold out I can rob it for 10k which will be a steal in my opinion considering it has a backhoe.

I'll keep everyone posted if it happens. I'm not big on gear drive but this would be a nice machine for that price. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login