Go Bottom

Injection pump repair cost on 7275

View my Photos
Muleman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-13          114823

My 7275 would not start and after some investigation I found fuel getting to pump but not to cylinders. I took to Cub dealer and after 3 days I called to check and they said fuel shut off rail was not working and pump need to be repaired. They would send out and made it sound like no big deal. 1 week later they called and the bill was $ 1,200.00. I about fell over. Breakdown was $410.00 to rebuild injection pump, $ 390.00 for rebuilding of injectors(130.00each) and the blance their labor to remove and reinstall said items. They won't give me detailed bill on injectors or pump rebuild and said the place that did rebuild charged those amounts. Frankly I want to know what actually was replaced and what was labor on a $800.00 bill. I questioned why injectors were sent out anyway as they never said anything about that in our conversation. They said they also send those out whenever problem with injector pump. I never have had any problems with tractor. I bought used with 800 hours and I have about 1100 on it now. Bottom line is I think I am getting screwed big time but want to double check before I start writing letters. Any thoughts would be appreciated. PJ

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jkinney

2005-09-04          115927

My injection pump as rebuilt I think abbotts in maine charged me 660.00 ( I cant remember but am estimating) The pump was sent out they did the labor. i thought it was a fair trade. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-05          115940

Not knowing there labor rate makes it hard to pull this apart. The price of the pump is reasonable enough. ....

View my Photos
Muleman

2005-09-05          115958

I did some further checking and prices were not very out of line accordnign to other dealers I guess. I would have appreciated an estimate before work done, but lesson learned. Bottom line is we all enjoy our tractors when they work, but hang onto your wallets if something goes wrong. It's going to cost you a small fortune to fix them. ....

View my Photos
jkinney

2005-09-06          115990

I know my pumpm had stuck open, I had been using on road fuel. I now add diesel treatment in hopes that this is lubricating the pump ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-06          115998

There are pumps that require lubrication from diesel fuel to keep them working well. Some pumps have other ways of lubrication and require a seperate storage system which also requires maintanance or might work off the engine oil system. The repective lives of the different types of pumps vary as to the use of them. There are very different costs of repair to them but the cheapest thing is still to buy better quality fuel to begin with and right for the season and not to have a problem. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login