Go Bottom

SLT 1554 STARTING PROBLEM

View my Photos
RODCAR48
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-08-22          133581

I am having a problem starting the tractor. When I turn the key i just get a "click". After turning the key 30 - 40 times, it will start just fine. after running a while it seems to restart fine but after it sets it just clicks again. i believe this issue was discussed about a different model with discussion of adding a relay or something but i haven't found the complete link or instructions. Can anyone help?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

SLT 1554 STARTING PROBLEM

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-22          133586

I'm not familiar with that model. If it is a lawn and garden tractor, the starter gear doesn't come in to engage. It needs some grease lubrication. Another possiblity is a poor battery connection. Suggest cleaning them at the battery terminals and also check at the little box next to the battery.

If it is a compact utility tractor, the addition of a solenoid relay has been discussed. If you look under previous discussions under Cub Cadet you should find it as well as under some of my posts. I have a diagram that was gotten from Larry Lutz and have scanned and e-mailed it to others. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login