Go Bottom

Cub Cadet changing direction stops mower blades

View my Photos
eldridge
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-01-17          150329

[posted for eldridge by DennisCTB Site Admin]

When mowing and you put the mower in reverse it stops the blades from cutting, is there a way to bi-pass this? Very agrevating, would appreciate any help on how to minimize this effect.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-01-17          150333

Don't have a Cadet, but both of our Deere 345's kill the blade when you back up. I don't know if the newer Deeres do the same, but it a safety feature that a dealer will not bypass for you, kinda like the seat switch. Frank. ....

View my Photos
denwood

2008-01-17          150352

I guess Americans just got too fat to turn their heads and look behind them when backing up. If they make them any safer, they won't have reverse at all, we just can't handle it. If I went to look at mowers and knew it did that before I bought, I would tell the dealer exactly where to stick the mower. There is always a way to make it work right. I don't have a Cub but I would look for a switch on the reverse pedal/linkage and disconnect the wires. If that didn't work, I would try jumping them to each other. Be careful, you may find that it allows the engine to start while depressing the reverse pedal. But if you're the kind of person that pushes the reverse pedal while starting, you may be the kind of person they designed this lovely feature for. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-18          150355

Denwood,

It's not that we're too fat to be able to look over our shoulders........it's our manufacturers looking over their shoulders at the many lawyers who are waiting to haul their asses into court.

The "stop mowing when in reverse" function, is actually nothing more than a "stop the lawyer from going forward" function.

Or.....something like that.

Joel ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-01-18          150356

On our 345's I just put my finger under the blade switch when I back up and they keep running, it has gotten to be such a natural motion that I don't even realize I do it anymore. I did consider bypassing the switch but we have two grandkids, ( 11 and 13 ), who spend a lot of the summer with us and like to mow, so for that reason I leave all the safety switch3es hooked up. Frank ....

View my Photos
MowerMedic

2008-02-01          151027

Cub Cadets here in Canada have a very simple over-ride for that, what model you have? ....

View my Photos
CC2130MI

2008-02-02          151038

I bought a 2130 back in 2000. On mine the reverse linkage bumps a switch to turn off the mowerdeck. All I did was remove the switch from its bracket. You have to leave it connected or else the mower won't turn on. Hope this helps.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login