Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 7274 Wiring Diagram

View my Photos
IndyRook
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-25          152386

I found a post from Larry Lutz a while back regarding a fix for the starting/electrical issues on the Cub Cadet 7274 tractor. I have tried to email Larry but I keep getting messages that the address is not valid. Does anyone here have the wiring diagram and part numbers that he talks about in his post or does anyone have a working address for Larry? If so email me at
mblang(at)embarqmail.com

Thanks guys!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-25          152402

Please send an email to my address "badriver@badriver.com" and I will send you a .jpg file via return email. I don't know how to send an attactment in my messages on the TP site. Larry passed that info on to me some years ago and I've forwarded to many others. It really works great with the fix! ....

View my Photos
IndyRook

2008-03-25          152403

You've got Mail YooperPete ....

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-25          152414

Was hoping the mail was coming from a young, hot, sexy chick like in the movies! Best of Luck with the fix! ....

View my Photos
joepag08

2008-06-26          154845

I'm new to the site and trying find a solution to my starting problems on my Cub Cadet 7274. I found this thread that references a relay added to help solve it. Is there a way I can get a copy of the wiring diagram with the fix?

Thanks,

Joe ....

View my Photos
caseyobrien

2008-08-25          156296

Any luck finding the wiring diagram? ....

View my Photos
joepag08

2008-08-25          156298

Not with this particular question. But I did eventually solve my problem. Kicked my butt for a long time and was a simple thing. I was sure I had a bad starter because I measured 12v all the way down to it and it would not turn. Also tried jumping with my truck battery. Negative. Removing the starter, I took it to Autozone and bench test was good. Turned out the tractor battery had bad cells and although measured 12v, it dropped voltage under load. When I jumped with the truck, I had not disconnected the bad tractor battery so result was the same.

I still wouldn't mind seeing the starter mod diagram just for reference, though.

Thanks,

Joe ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-08-25          156300

Measuring full voltage at a battery and having it fail under load is a very common battery failure mode. Voltage is nearly useless when it comes to seeing if a battery will start an engine, it can only tell if it's charged. A load test is the only viable way to be sure. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2008-08-26          156328

joepag08

Sorry that I missed your post earlier. Please send me an email at badriver@badriverinc.com so I have your e-mail address such that I can reply with an attachment. I haven't figured out how to contact you direct with an attachment. I've already forwarded caseyobrien a copy. I'm going to be in Michigan's U.P. til Tuesday with no internet contact. I can post you then.

Basically from the factory, your battery juice goes to the ignition switch, then through a number of safety switches before getting to the starter. Because of all this, a voltage drop ocurrs which is too low to turn the starter. That was a big problem with combines in the 50's.

With the attached fix. Power goes through all the safety switches and then into a relay that gets voltage directly from the battery going a short distance to the starter and you get a solid 12 volts.

My dad and I never new what to do with the JD55 combine except to keep towing it, to start it, and bitch about the Hercules engine. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login