Go Bottom

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
danwhitworth
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-02          153399

Can anyone enlighten me about this line of tractors. Very good looking and seemingly well built. My local dealer (Fram Trac) is selling Fram Trac w/no warrenty due to recievership. They have about 4 cub/yanmar inventory. I didnt know of a partnership, buy out, merger between cub and yanmar. I would like to buy a tractor locally so any info will be appreciated. Thanks. Dan

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-02          153401

The Cub/Yanmar tractors are good machines. Yanmar makes the 790 and 990 tractors for John Deere and they are about as bullet proof machines as can be had. I doubt the Cub/Yanmars are anything less. Yanmar makes some of the most reliable and dependable diesel engine built. See what kind of a deal your local guy will make you. ....

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-03          153407

This model was announced about a year ago on a Cub Cadet / Yanmar web site, and started selling in the US last August. Lots of inquiries ("anybody bought one yet, how are they?") but I haven't seen any answers. Given the quality reputation of those two firms, seems like a good bet, and seems to be a lot of power in a small size. If you get one, you can tell us!

I'd make an offer on a package including a couple years' worth of filters, whatever attachments you want and they have, and a service manual. ....

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2008-05-03          153416

I have sold about 10 of the EX3200 Cub Cadet Yanmar's and so far have been bullet proof. Great machines!

Cub Cadet and Yanmar have formed a company (Cub Cadet and Yanmar announce joint venture)

See News
http://www.yanmar.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21

Link:   Yanmar News announcement

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
mrsilly

2008-05-05          153462

I have had my EX3200 for just over a month. I hadn't had any previous tractor experience, so I can't offer a ton of depth on how it compares to something else. I did however research the crap out of the decision, and shopped it around quite a bit.

So far I've been completely happy with the machine. No regrets!

Link:   Ex3200 Backhoe Video

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
klacombe

2008-06-06          154291

I'm also looking at Penn Feed. You said you looked around at the local dealers and went for the Yanmar. What did you think of the Kioti, Kubota, and Deere? Did you look at similar models to the ex3200. I like the Yanmar too and since I live here in PO it would be nice to be so close to service. My current sick Kubota was bought at Penn Feed by my dad about 10 years ago as a grey market. I would like to get the FEL and backhoe. What did you get with it and if you don't mind, about what did you pay? Thanks for the posts. ....

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
mrsilly

2008-06-06          154292

I did compare to Kubota & Deere.

Kubota B3030 was about the same price, but the EX3200 is more tractor IMO. I might have been happy to buy a Kubota if it weren't for the Kitsap dealer. They ignored me a few times on the lot. The one time I got someone to talk to me, I got stupid answers to my questions. The guy just kept telling me that the reason I would want a Kubota is because "it's the best", as if that would convince me.

The day before I bought the EX3200, Sumner Tractor made me a great offer on a Deere 3203 w/ Woods backhoe. I compared the specs very closely, and realized to my surprise that the EX3200 was superior in most ways. Resale value wasn't a big concern, so I went with the Cub/Yanmar.

I bought the Tractor/Loader/Backhoe. If you are going to buy, send me a PM, and we can talk about numbers. I can give some advice on negotiating. ....

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-06-06          154301

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwhitworth | view 153399
My local dealer (Fram Trac) is selling Fram Trac w/no warrenty due to recievership. Thanks. Dan

I do not find any info on this on the web but have heard it from a reliable source to be true there is a major problem and concern with their finances. Understand they are looking at options. kt ....

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2008-06-10          154455

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthompson | view 154301
I do not find any info on this on the web but have heard it from a reliable source to be true there is a major problem and concern with their finances. Understand they are looking at options. kt

Cub Cadet Yanmar's Finances are very strong! Sales have been much better than the company ever imagined. Their Choice of GE Money Bank for their Customer Retail Financing is another story. They have had a higher decline ratio than expected. Most of the time it can be rectified by calling GE or Cub Cadet Yanmar. It has gotten much better but I do believe Cub Cadet Yanmar is looking at other options for their customer financing program. GE Money Bank is improving. ....

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
klacombe

2008-06-10          154480

I'm planning to stop by in the morning to take a closer look. Since I'm not a premium subscriber either, I can't send messages direct so I'm not sure how to reach you. I'm in the phone book under k-lacombe. I'm not interested in paying Kubota prices for a Cub-Cadet-Yanmar so we'll see. My brother recently bought a Grand L-30 with the heavy duty loader. His concern with Kioti or others was future access to parts and service. Just curious what other's think about how much that and resale value should play into prices you pay for brands like Cub-Cadet-Yanmar? ....

cub cadet yanmar

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-06-11          154488

For PM try clicking on his name in large letters beside his message. It brings up his info and link there for Private Message. As far as I know anyone has that option. I could be wrong. kt

PS, it is worth the price of admission, err membership. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login