Go Bottom

Started looking at a SC2400

View my Photos
BCAAFD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-10-05          157035

What are the limitation on the 3 point Hitch? Will a Woods BH work if needed? Any other issues?

Thanks

KC

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-05          157041

BCAAFD,

The Cub Cadet / Yanmar site doesn't list a backhoe for the SC2400. They do list a backhoe for the EX2900, however. (7.5' digging depth)

If you can find a backhoe to fit the SC2400, it will likely have a very limited digging depth, most likely 6 feet or less.

Sub-Compact tractors, such as the Cub Cadet SC2400 and the Kubota BX series, offer extremely limited 3-point hitch capabilities. It's difficult to find implements to fit those machines, unless you order them through the tractor dealer.

Move up one size to the Compact line-up, and suddenly a whole world of useful implements becomes available to you -- either new or used.

Joel ....

View my Photos
BCAAFD

2008-10-06          157043

Woods Make a estate lines which includeds a backhoe. I was wondering if it would fit.

KC ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-06          157045

BCAAFD,

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit on the SC2400.

However, you should check with Cub Cadet / Yanmar to make sure that you won't be voiding the warranty by using an attachment that isn't approved for use with that tractor.

If Cub Cadet / Yanmar has no problem with it, the good folks here will tell you to make sure you purchase the frame-mounted hoe. Those 3-point mounted backhoes seem to cause all kinds of grief.

Joel ....

View my Photos
BCAAFD

2008-10-06          157055

I agree with the 3 point hitch BH, I would look for a unit with a sub Frame only.

KC ....

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2008-10-22          157453

We have sold a bunch of these SC2400 Sub Compact Cub Cadet Yanmar's with zero problems. Cub Yanmar doesn't recommend adding a backhoe to this model but they are comming out with a TLB Sub-Compact next year.
As far as 3pt hitch attachments. It has a Cat I 3pt hitch and we have been using BushHog and LandPride attachments without an issue.
Kevin ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
BCAAFD

2008-10-23          157457

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERICHSALES | view 157453
We have sold a bunch of these SC2400 Sub Compact Cub Cadet Yanmar's with zero problems. Cub Yanmar doesn't recommend adding a backhoe to this model but they are comming out with a TLB Sub-Compact next year.As far as 3pt hitch attachments. It has a Cat I3pt hitch and we have been using BushHog and LandPride attachments without an issue.Kevin

Thanks for the info, I might just wait till next year. My wife thinks the SCUT are to small, I have been looking at the EX tractors which are still in my price range.

KC ....

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2008-11-26          158172

Now is the time to buy !!!!

$750 Customer Purchase Reward on any Cub Cadet Yanmar Tractor
Program Dates: November 26th to December 31st
Cub Cadet Yanmar End-of-Year Purchase Reward Promotion
Dear Cub Cadet Yanmar Dealer,
Cub Cadet Yanmar is quickly becoming known as the brand which goes beyond the expected in delivering a customer experience second to none. We are pleased to announce one more example of this commitment by providing your customers with an extra incentive to purchase before the end of the year:

$750 Customer Purchase Reward on any Cub Cadet Yanmar Tractor
Program Dates: November 26th to December 31st

The purchase reward is valid on all Cub Cadet Yanmar tractors purchased from November 26th through December 31. The reward comes in the form of a $750 prepaid Visa card, good anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.

To receive the purchase reward, the customer needs to complete the redemption form (including tractor model number and serial number), along with a copy of their receipt, to the address listed on the form. In 6 to 8 weeks the customer will receive a $750 pre-paid Visa card.

The redemption form is also available on the dealer portal, as well as on the Cub Cadet Yanmar web site, www.cubcadetyanmar.com.

Now is the time to buy !! ....

View my Photos
BCAAFD

2008-11-26          158174

Thank you for the info, we just don't have any extra money for this large of a purchase. May be next year.

KC ....

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2009-02-07          160151

Spam deleted by moderator

Go Top

Share This

Member Login