Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 6284 - Hyraulics

View my Photos
rjmtexag
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-08          163293

I have a 2007 Cub Cadet 6284 - 28hp Diesel with loader.
Hydrostatic tranny.

friend used it last week while I was out of town to load some manure. He said it worked great - until he shut it off and went to restart. No Hydro at all. No forward, reverse, pto, lift or swivel.

I checked the fluid level - and it is fine - does not seem burnt or discolored. I have the two hydro filters on order, being that I bought it used and do not know if the orignal owner changed the filters at 25hrs. I bought it a 52 - it now has 70 hrs. Was working fine - the tranny has always had a squeel to it - I was told by others that they all do.

What is wrong with it? How screwed am I?

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-08          163300

Doubt a filter would be so blocked in so few hours. I suggest getting a service manual, which should have a troubleshooting guide for hydraulic failure. ....

View my Photos
boltboss

2009-09-22          165853

I'm curious, did you ever find the cause of your hydraulic problem? I'm interested in learning about what you found out since I also own a 6284. From other posts it appears that this model is susceptible to hydro issues.

An early issue I thought I might have with mine went away after my 25 hr hydraulic filter change. I did install the factory recommended upgrade reverse flow filter. I hope you found an easy fix for your tractor.

Thanks!

JN ....

View my Photos
bigangelman

2010-04-21          170187

finding a manual for this tractor will be a good trick, because cub never made one! My tractor has had same problems and I figured out the repairs. They are expensive and very time consuming. If you take it to a shop expect to spend $3,000+ After my repairs I again have confidence in this tractor.

Tom ....

View my Photos
boltboss

2010-04-21          170188

"finding a manual for this tractor will be a good trick"

I gather that you mean repair manual since an operators manual is available as a download, is that correct? I have been told that the repair manuals for the 7000 series will work for you since the 6284 was derived from the previous 7000 series tractors.

What did you find to be wrong with your tractor?

JN ....

View my Photos
bigangelman

2010-04-21          170194

The operator manual is fluff, no use to anyone with common sense. There is no repair manual and the 7000 series isn't a match. (I have one) Click on my username and follow the link to my posts, it will explain what I found wrong. I think this is a serious defect with these Cubs and the reason they went with Cub/Yanmar. I also think all of us owners should file a suit against Cub. They bought most of these back from the dealers ans sold them at huge discounts I know about in the south (FL. ) like $5,000 for a new tractor & loader. I bought mine a year old from a dealer the fail to disclose previous repair attempts.

Tom ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login