Go Bottom

2186 deck Disengaging

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-25          170298

Today when I was trying to mow my lawn the deck kept disengaging. I suppose it is some switch that is suppose to protect me from myself. It is quite frustrating. Any suggestions as to how to identify or check for the problem and is there a way to by-pass so I can use the machine?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2186 deck Disengaging

View my Photos
ronald65
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-26          170314

Most newer tractors hav an seat interlock so if you stand up or evenlift your weight momentarily such as going down a steep grade it may disengage pto and or stop engine.just one thing to check. start it up engage pto then lift your butt and see what happens. Ron ....

2186 deck Disengaging

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-28          170394

Some electric PTO clutches will start disengaging after being run because of heat. Yours is old enough! ....

2186 deck Disengaging

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-28          170401

The electric clutch has a certain gap range that it operates in. If the gap is too tight, the clutch will not disengage. If the gap is too much, it will disengage. The clutch is a spring loaded device in the pulley and has 3 bolts that can be tightened. I believe there is a service manual describing the procedure. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login