Go Bottom

Cub Cadet SLTX1050 Deck Engagement Problem

View my Photos
vans0015
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-12          170733

I have a brand new SLTX1050. It has only 5 hours on it. The first time I used it, it cut great. The second time I mowed with it I noticed that the blades slow down and barely cut the grass (or don’t at all) when I am mowing on the side of a hill with the discharge chute pointing downhill. The PTO isn’t disengaging, because when I turn around at the end of a row and head back the other direction (with the discharge chute pointing uphill) I hear the increased hum of the blades increase and the grass starts flying out the chute. My neighbor verified this problem (so I’m not going crazy!) Any ideas what’s going on??? It’s frustrating to lay down $2,200 for a machine and have a problem mowing with it the second time out.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-12          170735

Is that a belt driven PTO? If so maybe the belt is loose and needs to be adjusted. ....

View my Photos
vans0015
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-13          170745

I took a look at it last night and the bolt on the bracket fo the tensioner pulley that acts as the pivot was torqued down so tight that the spring that is suppose to keep tension on the belt was useless. I loosened the bolt, now the spring can do it's job. I'm going to mow with it tonight and see how it performs. Should there be a bushing/washer inbetween the deck and the tensioner pulley bracket? Right now (as factory assembled), the tensioner bracket rotates directly on the steel deck. There's a large washer on top of the bracket--I'm wondering if this shouldn't be sandwiched between the deck and bracket???

Go Top

Share This

Member Login