Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 7275 Engine Bolt failure

View my Photos
kscheidt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-03-07          177253

My tractor block broke due to 3 of the rear 4 engine bolts vibrating out and cracking by the 4th. After reading other posts, there is obviously a design issue which causes these bolts to come out. Have there been any recalls? Any market to sell as scrap? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-03-08          177260

To my knowledge there has never been an official recall. Many dealers had been informed about a re-enforcement bracket that could be purchased. Most dealers however were unaware of the situation.

I just happened to notice that my bolts were really, really loose (one had fallen out) and that after continual tightening they would vibrate loose again. My dealer was able to find the up-grade bracket, which Woods actually built for Cadet. Woods also built the loader(FEL). Woods price was lots less. I purchased this from Woods through my local dealer. Turned out that it didn't exactly fit since my tractor also has a mid-mount PTO. I work at a machine shop and had the guys alter it. Its been in use now for about 5+ years without a problem (i.e. no bolts loosening).

If you look at our TP archives you will see some discussion about this. I had stated a warning, but most owners are unaware of the situation!!

It has been an awesome tractor for me. Mine is a 1994 model that I've owned since 1996. Luckily through preventative maintenance I found the loose bolts. The repair cost is high. My local dealer has repaired a number of these. ....

View my Photos
kw9031959
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-04-15          183156

my 7195 has the same problem with broken bolts in the engine block. One of many Big problems with a compact tractor! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login